PDA

View Full Version : No spark wiring problem

Greased-lightning
04-29-2015, 04:36 AM
Hello this is my first tbi conversion I got everything hooked up and functioning
but no spark. Need some expert advice please.

have 12v to coil 8v when cranking 0v key off
coil has pink/hot white/ground wires plugged in

bought a new distributer, electronic ignition module has two plugs right side ign control pigtail plugged in.
the left side has a orange/hot. Black/ground. Plugged in.. Was tracing wires last night heard a hissing noise then smoke from the coil just the key on. Went and bought another coil and I have found two different wiring schematics and now I'm confused..

One schemadic shows a plug going off the coil into the ignition control module left side and One plug from the ground/ignition to the other side of the coil..

another schemadic showed the left side of the ignition control module with ground and other hot wire coming from a relay?? If anyone can help me out here is what I have ...

ecm 16197427. Wiring harness 94 c1500 gm oem external coil, sbc distributer.....

brian617
04-29-2015, 03:51 PM
http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Injection/showthread.php?4405-ignition-problem-with-90-camaro

Is your coil connector (grey) broken?

Greased-lightning
04-30-2015, 03:16 AM
The harness I bought was wired different. I. Had to order the black plug that plugs into the coil opposite the grey plug I'm guessing. it wasn't completing the circuit on the coil. I was only using the pink and grey wire thinking the tach signal wire was the ground... As the hot/ground wire was coming from elsewhere on the harness to the two pin in the electronic ignition module hope it finally works I'll,keep you posted thanks for the advise