PDA

View Full Version : 93 corvette chip swap relearn?

jay72
04-10-2015, 07:39 PM
I swapped the cam in my 93 corvette and never disconnected the battery. I ran it around the block and all was ok. Then, again without disconnecting power, I swapped in a custom tuned chip. Will the ecm need to go through a relearn?
I kind of hope so because this came from a very reputable tuner and I'm not at all impressed with it. Seems the stock chip ran better.

Fast355
04-10-2015, 10:08 PM
I swapped the cam in my 93 corvette and never disconnected the battery. I ran it around the block and all was ok. Then, again without disconnecting power, I swapped in a custom tuned chip. Will the ecm need to go through a relearn?
I kind of hope so because this came from a very reputable tuner and I'm not at all impressed with it. Seems the stock chip ran better.

Disconnect the negative battery cable and hold it to the positive cable for 30 seconds to rid the electrical system of any residual charges. Reconnect the negative cable. Let the ECM relearn the fuel trims and other adaptives. If the long term (BLM) fuel trims are removing a lot of fuel and you swap a chip in that is already removing fuel the engine could be running quite lean and vice versa. The fuel trims take some time and miles of varied driving to adjust.

lionelhutz
04-11-2015, 01:04 AM
Was it TBIChips?

jay72
04-11-2015, 01:20 AM
If the long term (BLM) fuel trims are removing a lot of fuel and you swap a chip in that is already removing fuel the engine could be running quite lean and vice versa. The fuel trims take some time and miles of varied driving to adjust.

Thanks for that explaination, I'll disconnect it.

jay72
04-11-2015, 01:21 AM
Was it TBIChips?

No, it wasn't.