PDA

View Full Version : 95' Vette Transmission Swap - Cruise Control Doesn't Work Anymore

n8sh4de
04-08-2015, 01:59 AM
Hi guys,
I changed my '95 Corvette from auto to manual and changed the instrumental calibration for the new sensor via the excel file from this thread. (http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Injection/showthread.php?335-16188051-and-16181333-PCM-Information-EE-EEB)
I could't use the original manual config, because I kept my 3.07 axle instead of using the 3.45 axle of the manual. The speedo works now, but the cruise control doesn't. Any ideas? I can't find any wiring problems, except the new PCM configuration with 5500 PPM now, instead of the 100 000 at the automatic tranny or 4000 with the manual.

Max

steveo
04-08-2015, 05:11 AM
if the speedo works, so should the cruise control. the speedo output feeds the cruise control module via a simple splice.

is your cruise control tied into your shift position switch so it'll disallow cruise control in neutral? seems logical but i've never played with cruise control on an auto LT1 before. might just need to cut (or ground or whatever) that wire so it always thinks its in gear.

n8sh4de
04-08-2015, 05:02 PM
I just testet and unplugged all wires from the automatic switch that will unlock P/N features like the starter and the hatch release. The cruise control still didn't work :(
I also remember, that the cruise control stayed engaged, when I switched to neutral during driving.

I deactivated the 4L60E with TunerPro, could this be an issue?

n8sh4de
04-10-2015, 02:00 PM
..I just thought about it, does it make a difference, in which direction the vss wires are plugged in?

lionelhutz
04-11-2015, 01:02 AM
I'm pretty sure what has been posted is correct. The only PCM connection to the cruise is the VSS signal that is T'd from the speedometer. So, if your speedometer works then the problem isn't PCM or VSS related.

You need to double check the P/N and brake pedal switches. Something is likely inhibiting the cruise control. Sometimes, a N/C contact was used so just disconnecting the switches won't work.

n8sh4de
04-11-2015, 01:33 PM
Has the brake pedal more than one switch? The brake lights work at least..

fastacton
04-11-2015, 08:39 PM
It's normally one physical switch, but there are two separate functions in it. It's normally open for the brake lights and normally closed for transmission, ABS & cruise. It's possible for one side to fail and not the other.

n8sh4de
04-14-2015, 01:56 AM
ABS und ASR are working perfect, really strange :/
Is there any possibility to read out the cruise control functions during driving?
..or has the automatic car a different cruise control unit than the manual version?

n8sh4de
06-30-2015, 05:36 AM
I had time to work on the car again.
There is obviously a problem with the VSS sensor. I have a code 24, vss circuit error. The speedo also shows sometimes wrong speeds when driving very slow, like one second 54kph, the next second 234, then the right speed, then 15, then 325 etc.. I've also seen it continuously showing 5 kph when the car was standing for some minutes.
I tried changing the two cables from the sensor, but nothing changed...

I'm using this values at the moment:9200

(I don't know how to delete the second picture)