PDA

View Full Version : Burn1 issue

WallyCJ7
02-22-2015, 01:42 AM
Today I trying to work on tuning and I'm thinking the Burn1 is not working.

Start Flash & Burn

27SF512 highlighted
Chip address set to Start: 00F000 End: 00FFFF
Buffer address: start 000000 end 000FFF

Erase chip - Erase Succeeded
Blank check - Chip is blank

I load file to buffer... it shows C:\......asdu05.bin file size in bytes (integer/Hex): 4096/0x1000

Program chip...Prom I/O succeeded.

Verify chip with buffer.... Failure: Verification failed (not matched)

Blank check... Chip is blank.

I've tried it with different .BIN files and it always the same.

I've rebooted the computer, used a different computer and its always the same...

2 different chips used
??? Burn1 gone bye bye?:mad1:

Six_Shooter
02-22-2015, 02:19 AM
The first thing that comes to mind is whether you are placing the EEPROM in the ZIF socket correctly. Pin 1 towards handle, but the IC placed in the slots farthest away from the ZIF socket?

WallyCJ7
02-22-2015, 02:41 AM
Notch towards the arm and set furthest away from the arm

The first thing that comes to mind is whether you are placing the EEPROM in the ZIF socket correctly. Pin 1 towards handle, but the IC placed in the slots farthest away from the ZIF socket?

Engine07
02-22-2015, 03:17 AM
You are burning 4k file size? Just double checking

RobertISaar
02-22-2015, 03:53 AM
I've found a broken solder joint or two with my BURN2's socket that requires me to shift a PROM around slightly in the socket for a program to be successful, you might be dealing with a similar problem.

WallyCJ7
02-22-2015, 09:16 AM
Are you saying side to side or a different set of slots? I'll try side to side.
I've found a broken solder joint or two with my BURN2's socket that requires me to shift a PROM around slightly in the socket for a program to be successful, you might be dealing with a similar problem.

WallyCJ7
02-22-2015, 09:17 AM
Yes 4k and I've tried 256k too
You are burning 4k file size? Just double checking

WallyCJ7
02-22-2015, 09:21 AM
No luck side to side... I moved it like 5 times.

RobertISaar
02-22-2015, 09:58 AM
Are you saying side to side or a different set of slots? I'll try side to side.

usually, once I have the PROM locked down, if it gives me issues, i'll move it slightly to one side without unlocking it, try it, if it still doesn't work, I move it towards the other side.

if it still doesn't work at that point, slight pressure pushing the chip into the socket, one end usually does the trick.

I really just need to open it up and resolder all 32 pin connections though.

WallyCJ7
02-24-2015, 05:51 AM
I found the problem. I took the chips to the local Dyno shop and they have a burn2. He tried to load my BIN file and has the same results on both chips.
He pulled out one of his chips and the BIN file wrote to his just fine...

So somehow I have two bad chips. That seems kind of funny to have two chips both bad. :innocent2:
I just got them last month so I will be calling Moates tomorrow to see what the issue cold be.

At least it not the burn1 or did it cause the problem with the chips? I'll order extra chips, $5 is cheep insurance to me...