PDA

View Full Version : 16197427 Park Neutral Switch on a Manual Trans bin?

EagleMark
12-19-2011, 05:24 PM
The reason I say this, is because you don't need to set-up a switching system to tell the PCM that you're in nuetral or park. (To use the '7427 PCM style correctly, you would need to use two relays to switch certain inputs to ground for proper "gear select" operation). I had some park and nuetral/low RPM issues when I was using the '7427 PCM with a non E-trans, and it seems that it would be because the PCM had no idea if the vehicle was in gear or not.
Wonder if I am going to have that issue with my sons 427 system in a manual truck and a manual $OE bin?

Six_Shooter
12-19-2011, 08:33 PM
I didn't have the bin set for manual, I had it set for non-e auto. Setting for manual should be ok. I was also using $0D.

d0nk3y
12-19-2011, 09:07 PM
I'm using the "Manual Trans" bit set to one (checked) in $0D with a TH400 (with no P/N switch) - seems to work well.

JeepsAndGuns
12-19-2011, 09:09 PM
The way that quote is worded, it sounds like they were using a non electronic auto trans.

On my manual trans jeep, I am using a manual trans $0E bin (BMHK) and have had no problems with idle and have nothing of the sorts hooked up for any type of P/N switch.