PDA

View Full Version : Tuning $ee lt1 spark advance. Echo?

zoomo
02-08-2015, 03:47 AM
Well back again guys, thanks as always for the help provided before.

Im having some issue tuning my spark advance now.
During normal driving when i accelerate hard i have no advance issues at all but it seems if i am on the dyno, or at the drag strip, or in a tunnel i get spark knock, it honestly seems echo related. the sensor was torqued to spec but it was a local auto store brand.

but i was also able to tune it out on the dyno by lowering the timing (but it doesnt always get spark knock, with more timing) i feel like im missing something else thats happening at that moment.

heres some of my logs so you can see the issues im having and the current tune im running. Also the engine should be pretty much stock compression. running 93 gas

Thanks in advance for the help as always guys

zoomo
02-08-2015, 05:52 AM
So ive been searching and was wondering if maybe i need to look into actually adusting the knock sensor? so far i found this

1.) Knock Fast Attack(Higher number means a more aggressive KR)
2.) Knock Recovery Rate (Higher number means the faster the KR will be removed)

1.) try lowering a little bit at a time. Normally it shouldn't take more than 15% - 20% to remove the false knock.
2.) raising this number will put the retarded timing back into the motor more aggressively. Use caution on this one, if it is real knock, you don't want to be adding timing while it is still pinging.

LeMarky Dissod
02-10-2015, 05:53 PM
I haven't remembered the tightening 'spec' in a long time, but many seem to have found that the minimum tightening necessary for a leakfree seal works best, in terms of avoiding false knock.

Too bad the LT4 knock module is out of production, it was designed to filter false knock from the LT4 valvetrain; many LT1 enthusiasts learned that it worked pretty well with louder exhausts as well.

I wonder if someone who owns an LT4km would be willing to try opening it, in an attempt to duplicate it …

zoomo
02-10-2015, 08:27 PM
Seems to be a little discussed topic at least in the Lt tuning community. And it seems like the adjustment names are different. I'm running tuner pro.

If anyone comes here in search of answers, ignore my second post of adjustments. After some trial and error I figured out

My previous statements are opposite of what seems to work with my testing. I also started another thread on " tuning $ee knock fast attack and recovery"

It seems the cutting the recovery in half did well if not too well. It removes the timing and starts to add it back in quickly.

I'm not positive on the fast attack but it seems that raising it helped with my false knock. Right now its raised by thirty percent

But my main problems are at the track so I'll know more after this weekend.

lionelhutz
02-10-2015, 08:45 PM
I'm thinking you may be chasing your tail. If the sensor is picking up false knock you'll lose timing no matter unless you set the times so long that the knock retard basically quits working for real knock.

I gave up using the knock sensing on my engine. It's detecting a little knock all the time and goes to full knock retard as soon as I give it any decent amount of throttle. I think the cam and headers are causing it.