PDA

View Full Version : Please Read... Eagle Mark

1project2many
01-17-2015, 01:49 AM
I am saddened to announce that EagleMark has lost his battle with brain cancer.

Mark had a way of reaching out to others with help and support while remaining humble and grateful to those who were around him. In the few years I was lucky enough to know him we shared stories of traveling around the country, of working on cars and computers, of good jobs and bad, and of the lessons life gives us. Without going into too much detail Mark's story was very inspiring. Mark was the kind of guy that should have had more time but what he had he made the best of. He'd left home at a young age to see the country, learned one job after another with tough on the job training, married the woman of his dreams and raised a family. He built and lost a good business then built another, dealt with numerous health problems between himself and his wife, fought to provide the best upbringing and education for his son, volunteered help for local groups, and helped many, many folks with whatever both through the internet and in person. He was the force that organized Gearhead-efi and he never seemed to tire of helping people with their projects and problems here while staying active on various other forums to continue to learn and develop his EFI skills. He managed to keep his faith, his optimism, and his desire to help others even when he needed more help than he could give. Although he fought hard and continued to amaze and inspire people to the end, ultimately the cancer was too much.

Rest, Mark. You are already missed.

delcowizzid
01-17-2015, 02:30 AM
sad news

rip mate

BLG355
01-17-2015, 02:45 AM
I cannot thank Mark enough for what he taught me. This is very sad to hear. RIP Mark.

BLG

JeepsAndGuns
01-17-2015, 02:45 AM
Mark has helped so many people and has helped me so much over the short time I have been on here. I wish I could have gotten the chance to meet him.
My thoughts and prayers go out to his family. Its never easy losing a loved one and we have lost a really great man. Rest in peace man, you will be missed.

Six_Shooter
01-17-2015, 02:55 AM
I didn't want to click on this thread when I saw the title. :(

You said it all 1project2many.

brian617
01-17-2015, 03:34 AM
Godspeed Mark, you will be greatly missed.

steveo
01-17-2015, 05:30 AM
he showed us so much strength and courage... but i think most of us knew how much he was really suffering, sick and in pain a lot more than he let on. these things never end well, and i'm relieved to see that he's at peace. i hope that none of us never have to experience the suffering that this he's been through.

will never forget him, and my thoughts are with his family tonight

goodbye mark

Fast355
01-17-2015, 05:42 AM
I watched my dad go through similar pain and suffering in a losing battle with pancriatic cancer in 2011. It is tougher than many can understand. My thoughts and prayers are with Marks family and close friends. We will all miss Mark with his kindness and professional demeanor on this site and others. I am most relieved to know that he is no longer suffering.
Rest in Peace Mark you will be greatly missed

mecanicman
01-17-2015, 08:06 AM
Didn't want to click on this either. Thoughts are with his family.

Goodbye Mark, thanks for everything.

Engine07
01-17-2015, 08:46 AM
So sad to hear. I did not know him personally but I have read through many threads and learned so much from him that even though he doesn't know it I am extremely grateful for the time and dedication he put into this forum and the help he offered people because much of his stuff has greatly helped me. Thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends that knew him.

mytmouz
01-17-2015, 08:46 AM
Godspeed...

jim_in_dorris
01-17-2015, 11:07 AM
I am at a total loss for words, I never met Mark, but felt like he was a friend just from our interactions here on Gearhead. You will be missed Mark.

dave w
01-17-2015, 05:23 PM
I was very fortunate to know Mark as a personal friend. Most of the time we shared was visiting on the phone or personal emails. I especially remember the time we shared together walking around one of the "Cruise In" events at Portland International Raceway. I wish everyone here would have had the opportunity to hear Mark share his thoughts about a vehicle he was looking at during the "Cruise In". Mark would share a more positive "The Glass is Half Full" thought about the vehicle he was looking at.

I will miss the collaboration we shared about owning and operating an EFi business. We shared a common goal as business owners, help the customer. I will miss Mark's insight on helping customers. He set a very high benchmark!

dave w

Dewayne_S
01-17-2015, 05:44 PM
Rest in Piece Mark. Thanks for all the advice over the short time I have been a member here.

Roadknee
01-17-2015, 07:58 PM
I echo much of what has already been written. I particularly admired how Mark would share his insights to help people help themselves. I'm disappointed I never got to meet him.

LeMarky Dissod
01-18-2015, 07:35 PM
From Mark's posts alone, it's obvious I missed out on knowing him, nevermind reading about the impressions he left on all of you.
I do know something about the toll it takes on friends and family to witness someone fight a mortal illness.

So far as humble and tender condolences go … may Mark and all his loved ones find peace, and hopefully come to enjoy and even learn from cherished memories of his life.

Skinny Pedal
01-18-2015, 11:22 PM
Thank you Mark for all you have done and all my "idiocracy" you put up with. You will be missed!

Rocko350
01-18-2015, 11:51 PM
I didn't know Mark as well as some of you, but we had some good conversations on lt1 tuning over the last couple years. He was always helpful and making sure someone who was learning really grasped it. You will be missed. Prayers for your family from ours to find peace and comfort.

Chris

roby
01-19-2015, 05:19 AM
I got a sickening twinge in my stomach when I saw the title, although not a frequent visitor, I was aware of Mark's trials and was hopeful the worst was behind him. Condolences to the important people in his life.

Hog
01-19-2015, 03:52 PM
Condolences to your family and friends, Mark, you will be missed.

Paul

gearhead1
01-19-2015, 04:08 PM
A sad day for all of us,
Even if some of us did not know him personally just online I dont think there is 1 person out there interested in fuel injection that has not read and or learned something from his posts on this site or the others.
EAGLEMARK-will be missed
May he rest in peace

Woods
01-19-2015, 04:12 PM
Thank you for your Giving Nature Mark. My sincere condolences to all whose life's you touched.

Larry

Shawn1989
01-19-2015, 08:45 PM
Not to be rude, but I kind of suspected this. I had been emailing mark for quite some time last year to get my engine retuned. He told me it would be hard because he is sick and I told him I understand. lately within the past couple of months I have not heard a word from him so I kind of suspected things for the worst.
he seemed like a nice guy willing to help out wherever he can even though I didn't get an updated chip.

My my prayers go out to his friends and family.

Loyd
01-20-2015, 12:57 AM
Finally at rest and peace, no more pain. You will be missed
IHS

S10LS
01-20-2015, 02:53 AM
Very sad news. Always thought it was great that him and his friends and or partners started this forum. He helped alot of people. Prayers to him and his family. He will be missed by many.

Nasty-Z
01-20-2015, 04:53 AM
Just saw this post , had an erie feeling when I clicked ......

God speed , I was lucky to call him a friend , even for a short time.

TOM

lionelhutz
01-20-2015, 06:21 AM
RIP Mark.

RobertISaar
01-21-2015, 10:37 PM
damn... we were planning on moving to western Washington sometime this march and would have been going right by Mark's place, I would have loved to stop by and talk with him in-person.... instead, I think I only spoke with him once on the phone. :sad:

antus
01-22-2015, 03:14 AM
Very sad news. I worked with mark and got to know him while developing the ls1 reading flashtool. He was a great guy, and Im sure he will be missed. The delco world has lost one of the best.:sad:

Montecarlodrag
01-23-2015, 01:10 AM
Sad news for the tuning industry. I didn't met Mark in person, I wish I had.

Rest in peace friend and watch over us. We will miss you.

delcowizzid
01-23-2015, 04:48 AM
i bet hes up there cringing yelling fix the bloody ve table dont bandaid it with extra A/E fuel ya bloody imbisiles LOL

dave w
01-23-2015, 05:18 AM
i bet hes up there cringing yelling fix the bloody ve table dont bandaid it with extra A/E fuel ya bloody imbisiles LOL

Maybe so. I appreciate the thought.

dave w

84Elky
02-16-2015, 07:55 PM
Although we never met, I can't thank Mark enough for all his help and assistance. And he was that way with everyone. Unfortunately due to my time away from the boards while working on S_AUJP v5, I just learned of his passing. You will be missed, my internet friend. What a blessing you were and may God bless you! RIP

joegreen
02-16-2015, 10:55 PM
I had no idea that mark was fighting brain cancer. When i first saw this thread i thought someone was having issues tuning and they wanted eagle marks help because of how good he was. I have been having issues with tuner pro and i thought it was odd that mark had not posted a response. Not that he needed to but now i know the reason why. I have never seen nor talked with mark in person only over this site but he was always very knowledgeable and would take his time and write long detailed responses even when it was not necessary. R.I.P Eagle Mark.

compmikey
02-17-2015, 03:53 AM
Ahh man.. I haven't lurked done my lurking in a while and was saddened by the news. Mark was such a nice guy. You could see it in so many of his replies. I'm sure I'm not alone in offering his family members my heartfelt condolences. This has to put a real hurt on them. People who just give and give, as Mark did, set a great example for the rest of us. Time is the one thing that every one of us will eventually run out of. The words of 1project2many in the beginning of this thread convey it so well. Mark was a class act. The real thing.
My deepest sympathies to his family. Mike V

buddrow
03-08-2015, 04:34 PM
Wow, I didn't really see this coming. A huge loss for Marks family both at home and online. Ip2m said it all. RIP EagleMark.

Buddrow

Tunedperformance
03-18-2015, 09:11 PM
My Condolances to the Young family and The gearhead community. Mark was a great friend and inspiration. I had no idea this battle he was dealing with.
He told me once works that will carry on Isiah 40:31 .
He helped me get through rough times being able to relate with chronic disc and nerve pain.
I will meet up with you later on Brother Man.

1BadAction
03-20-2015, 06:39 AM
I avoided this whole section of the site the last few months fearing I may read this thread. I'm at such a loss for words right now, as my own father went the same way.

Godspeed my friend, your kindness and work will live on in all of us that you touched.

89-S-dime
03-25-2015, 09:22 AM
RIP Mark, we only talked a few times but I learned a lot from you :rockon:

pmkls1
04-27-2015, 05:54 AM
Wow, I am without words really. I haven't visited the site in months because I just haven't had the time so I am just now learning of his passing. I actually had to leave the page for a minute and collect myself before returning to post this reply. I never met Mark in person or spoke to him on the phone, but I still feel like I lost a dear friend. Mark was the type of person that left an impression on anyone he met and touched the lives of so many. I owe all that I have learned about tuning to this site and Mark. Although he deserved more time on earth, I know that at least his suffering is over and he is in a better place. I will keep his family in my thoughts and prayers. Rest in peace Mark and may we someday meet in that gearhead paradise in the sky.

NISANDA
04-30-2015, 11:53 PM
Soo sad for this. RIP

fuzzcar
06-13-2015, 05:22 AM
A great man has passed. Is this his website or was he just the main contributor?

steveo
06-13-2015, 04:38 PM
Is this his website or was he just the main contributor?

both, i think.

MrStude
06-13-2015, 09:20 PM
Wow, a very tragic loss, I never got to share in any of his wisdom, but could clearly see his posts here and his posts with the intent of helping many others on this forum. Mrstude.

formula400
10-10-2015, 04:17 PM
Was gone from GearHead EFI for some years...just saw a thread this morning that lead me to look into what was going on with EagleMark. I am so very sorry to hear that he has passed away. I can't imagine what those that knew him are going through. My sincere condolences to his family, friends and fellow GearHeads. Mark your compassion for those struggling to learn tuning and your patience for knuckle heads like me will always be remembered. Thank you for the precious time that you gave to all of us. Rest in peace.:sad:

Jimmy
05-05-2020, 09:52 PM
It is amazing how much a person can do and this can help people for many years. I didn’t even know that I was downloading files, the works of a man who is not with us. Thanks EagleMark with love...

LeMarky Dissod
05-06-2020, 01:04 AM
To paraphrase badly …

He planted a tree which will shade and nourish our future.

doc_rock
05-25-2020, 07:41 AM
Just started plundering around in here, and was trying to send him a note of thanks. Second one I've missed due to this tragedy.
Thank you, Mark. You will live forever.