PDA

View Full Version : Switch off 10k resistor on bluetooth?

gearhead1
01-16-2015, 06:10 PM
Anybody know how to switch off the 10k resister on reddevilriver aldl bluetooth?
When I use it , it goes in aldl mode and raises my idle.
Tried calling,leaving messages but with no reply from Timm Bacher.
Thanks

sturgillbd
01-19-2015, 07:11 AM
I have looked for docs on this and nothing found. One way you can disable it is to pull pin B out of the aldl connector and insulate it to keep it from being grounded. Could also put a switch inline with it and leave it in the connector. This will get around the problem of being in ALDL mode. Not a definite fix but a workaround.

Brian

steveo
01-19-2015, 07:24 AM
that's not a bad fix really. since you own proper diagnostic tools that are portable, you'd probably never use pin B for anything ever again

gearhead1
01-19-2015, 03:55 PM
Yeah I am going to push the pin out of my female connector just thought there was a simple switch inside the bluetooth.
So much for service after the sale! I hope no one else has any other problems with theirs...oh well ;next one will be from 1320 electronics;
Live and Learn

1BadAction
01-19-2015, 05:40 PM
Yeah I am going to push the pin out of my female connector just thought there was a simple switch inside the bluetooth.
So much for service after the sale! I hope no one else has any other problems with theirs...oh well ;next one will be from 1320 electronics;
Live and Learn

Yup, you're on your own with the RDR adapter. mine connects at a lower baud rate unless I power it through the USB cable and connect my tablet FIRST. Couldn't get any help with it at all.

brian617
01-19-2015, 07:52 PM
http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Injection/member.php?159-phonedawgz I believe this is the guy that builds them.