PDA

View Full Version : Just saying Hi i am a FNG.

stegey
10-25-2014, 10:11 PM
name is Justin , been repairing cars for many yrs. , but my personal truck is the last yr. of tbi, with a modded 383 and a stock 305 cpu and chip , so i will be lurking and reading the old school efi section for a while. would like more low end torque and mpg pulling my fifth wheel. so far i really like what i have seen here and glad i did not get a chip burned by a certain person on the web even though he talks a good game.

steveo
10-26-2014, 12:40 AM
name is Justin , been repairing cars for many yrs. , but my personal truck is the last yr. of tbi, with a modded 383 and a stock 305 cpu and chip

it's a #%^*ing miracle that runs at all, with your base constants being 25+% off

stegey
10-26-2014, 04:34 PM
it doesn't run terrible lol, the idle flares once in a while . i have tried different injector combo's and fuel psi settings , th best so far is new 350 injectors at 15psi. , throttle body spacer of course, i polished and opened up the tbi base would still like bigger throttle plates and possibly a intake. , it pulls a camper thats over 9000 lbs and gets 8-9 mpg while pulling under optimal conditions has been as bad as 6 . can only go 60 to 65mph. but do you really need to go faster pulling a house down the road.