PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Pontiac GTO Ignition Switch Wiring Question

dave w
09-21-2014, 06:36 PM
I'm wanting to convert a 2005 Pontiac GTO 6.0 Liter / Manual Transmission wiring harness / E40 computer to stand alone service.

I've posted the alldata schematic for the ignition switch.

My question:
Would I be correct with my thinking that ECM Connector C1 (Blue) pin 52 gets a chassis ground input from the ignition switch when the ignition switch is in the "Start" position?

Thanks,
dave w

If anyone has a link to an article showing the stand alone wiring connections for an E40 that would be awesome.:jfj: I've searched Google for hours, I have not found an article showing what wires of the E40 are needed for stand alone service (assuming VATS is disabled). I have found several suppliers selling stand alone E40 harnesses, and several sites with the same alldata schematics I have. Maybe this time I'll have to my own homework.:rolleye: I can only speculate the ground for C1 pin 52 is used by the E40 as a ground for internal VATS relay. Maybe I'll need to build an E40 harness / computer test bench.:popcorn:

kur4o
09-21-2014, 09:27 PM
what you need to do:

1. ground pin c1-51(for manual) and pin c3-22(for automatic) , on this pins you can wire some safety switch, if required
2.wire ground side of starter relay to pin c1-13
3.for starting, apply voltage to
-c1-18 for accessories
-c1-52 for cranking
when engine is cranking or running you need to supply constant voltage to c1-18

you need to completely disable the vats system for this to work

dave w
09-21-2014, 10:00 PM
what you need to do:

1. ground pin c1-51(for manual) and pin c3-22(for automatic) , on this pins you can wire some safety switch, if required
-c1-18 for accessories
-c1-52 for cranking

:jfj::jfj:
Thank you!:thumbsup:

I'm using the EFI Live disable VATS Patch for the VATS.

dave w

Six_Shooter
09-23-2014, 04:36 AM
According to my source(s) the purple wire off the ignition switch (the wire you are asking about) is a 12V trigger.

dave w
09-27-2014, 12:51 AM
what you need to do:

-c1-18 for accessories
-c1-52 for cranking

I'm wondering about C1 - 14 (Ignition One Voltage) and C1-19 (Ignition Three Voltage)? Not needed?

Thanks,
David

kur4o
09-27-2014, 08:33 PM
Pins c1-14 and c1-19 might be needed too,
I will have to check it out.
The pins in my post are for cranking only.

Usually when there is ignition 1 to 3, there is a ignition logic module on the keylock.
You need to check is there is a module or the wires go directly through the keylock.
Another way for starting is in the Y-body. It has complety different way for starting even though it`s the same pcm

dave w
09-27-2014, 08:47 PM
Pins c1-14 and c1-19 might be needed too,
I will have to check it out.
The pins in my post are for cranking only.

Usually when there is ignition 1 to 3, there is a ignition logic module on the keylock.
You need to check is there is a module or the wires go directly through the keylock.
Another way for starting is in the Y-body. It has complety different way for starting even though it`s the same pcm

Thanks for the reply!:thumbsup:

dave w