PDA

View Full Version : Switching from $OD to $OE

trippyjoey
09-06-2014, 11:49 PM
Besides tuning and uploading the mask and bin to the OSTRICH 2.O do I need to rewire anything else on the 7427 transmission? I'm curious cause it would be cheaper to build a strong 4L80E than a 4L60E.
I'm guessing I would need an adapter harness to connect to the 4L80E since the connections are different.

fastacton
09-07-2014, 12:45 AM
Just take a look at the wiring diagrams and swap the appropriate pins (unless you have the old 4L80 connector with a bolt through it, then you'd probably want to swap the harness/connector in the transmission as well). You'll also have to add the input speed sensor (ISS) wiring.

trippyjoey
09-07-2014, 03:21 AM
Okay that's what I was guessing, I know for the Gen III all you do is add an extended harness with a swap pigtail and just do some tune modification.

Fast355
09-07-2014, 04:47 AM
Okay that's what I was guessing, I know for the Gen III all you do is add an extended harness with a swap pigtail and just do some tune modification.

My 60E harness was too short! Had to make myself a pig tail from a junkyard 3/4 ton Suburban and extend my harness. Also had to add the input speed sensor wires.

4L80E was well worth the swap. Now I just need something deeper than 3.73 out back.