PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding datalogging BLM's for VE tuning

trippyjoey
09-01-2014, 07:14 AM
I got all the settings set but I'm trying to just clear up how to drive while datalogging. According to the writeup I should try to keep the tps constant until I get up to speed. I got an auto so is there a specific gear I should run it since I'm guessing that depending on the gear that is currently selected the load and MAP value would vary.

dave w
09-01-2014, 11:29 PM
Generally, its best to avoid Power Enrichment (PE), Acceleration Enrichment (AE), and Open Loop when data logging. Sometimes its necessary to manually shift an automatic transmission to get more data. What I'm getting at, hold 1st gear to about 30 mph once or twice during the data logging test drive, then hold second gear to about 50 mph once or twice during the data logging test drive. If you can find a couple mile long 6% grade to drive up / down during the data logging test drive that would be awesome data!.

dave w

steveo
09-02-2014, 03:58 AM
if you're planning to export your data and do ranged averages in a spreadsheet or something, i would reccommend just driving it as diversely as possible, and get a TON of data. averages work better with a crapload of data to work with.

alternatively, you can try to cover as much of the ve table as possible by having the laptop mounted somewhere you can see it with data tracing or something enabled.... and try to hold as much time in as many cells as possible.

most people dont realize how consistent they are when driving; if you are driving normally you probably cover about 20% of the VE table, even when you think you're all over the place

Montecarlodrag
09-02-2014, 04:28 AM
I got all the settings set but I'm trying to just clear up how to drive while datalogging. According to the writeup I should try to keep the tps constant until I get up to speed. I got an auto so is there a specific gear I should run it since I'm guessing that depending on the gear that is currently selected the load and MAP value would vary.
What vehicle are you tuning?

trippyjoey
09-02-2014, 04:40 AM
Generally, its best to avoid Power Enrichment (PE), Acceleration Enrichment (AE), and Open Loop when data logging. Sometimes its necessary to manually shift an automatic transmission to get more data. What I'm getting at, hold 1st gear to about 30 mph once or twice during the data logging test drive, then hold second gear to about 50 mph once or twice during the data logging test drive. If you can find a couple mile long 6% grade to drive up / down during the data logging test drive that would be awesome data!.

dave w

Okay great that's what I needed to know. I tried datalogging on my drive to work going up and down the overpasses and then a few mile long stretch of road plus stop and go traffic but well...... this is all I could fill out.7700

dave w
09-02-2014, 05:49 AM
Looks like your driving a 93 ~ 95 pickup? What are the near idle BLM averages? Maybe you can post the log file?

dave w

trippyjoey
09-02-2014, 06:27 AM
I'm driving a 95 GMC Yukon 2 Door 4x4 with a pretty stock engine except for true duals.7703
The last one is the datalogging from which I got that info.7704

trippyjoey
09-02-2014, 06:32 AM
Sorry uploaded the wrong datalog here is the right one

dave w
09-02-2014, 07:02 AM
Here is a screen shot of both data logs combined. The spreadsheet I use removes AE, PE, Open Loop, and use Idle Flag On for Near Idle.

dave w

trippyjoey
09-02-2014, 07:20 AM
Now that is much easier to read.:happy: Could I get a copy of the spreadsheet you use, please?

sgtpoliteness
09-10-2014, 07:01 AM
Yeah, Dave! Is that good for $OD?

dave w
09-10-2014, 08:01 AM
Yeah, Dave! Is that good for $OD?

Yes, works for $OD