PDA

View Full Version : Tuning Tutorial?

kevinvinv
07-31-2014, 03:56 AM
I've searched and found a couple tutorial threads and a doc from FSC etc.

Just wondering what is the "latest and greatest" as far as a tuning tutorial for a beginner… using tuner pro

Thanks!!

ony
07-31-2014, 07:34 PM
probly look gear head web sight over and find a thread that relates to you set up that you are wanting to tune.

EagleMark
07-31-2014, 08:00 PM
I don't think we ever did one! :confused:

Fast355
08-01-2014, 03:47 PM
I don't think we ever did one! :confused:

I also cannot recall ever having read one here.

kevinvinv
08-01-2014, 04:21 PM
I think you guys are being funny huh? Yeah- I am sorry for being a dork. I was only looking in the GM_EFI section and while I found some things in there and of course a lot of tips and tricks etc I wasn't spotting a general "tuning strategy" step by step or something like that. I saw some threads that started out that way but then sort of tapered off… and maybe I missed something which is also quite possible.- I ALSO missed the whole other forum a few lines down "Fuel Injection Writeups" etc. Sorry about that. I'll be looking through those other forums too.

Thanks for your patience!!

Fast355
08-01-2014, 04:40 PM
I think you guys are being funny huh? Yeah- I am sorry for being a dork. I was only looking in the GM_EFI section and while I found some things in there and of course a lot of tips and tricks etc I wasn't spotting a general "tuning strategy" step by step or something like that. I saw some threads that started out that way but then sort of tapered off… and maybe I missed something which is also quite possible.- I ALSO missed the whole other forum a few lines down "Fuel Injection Writeups" etc. Sorry about that. I'll be looking through those other forums too.

Thanks for your patience!!

I would write one, but never really sat down and gathered all my thoughts. "Tuning Strategy" really varies by ECM. MOST of the code is alot alike yet alot of stuff is way different between the various masks. A 7747 is quite different than a 299. A 165 is alot different than a 7730.