PDA

View Full Version : connectiing to TunerPro 1227747 ecm

Tyree
07-26-2014, 01:23 AM
ok, Im attempting to connect to tunerproRT with my 1227747 ecm. I used the test to verify my aldl connection and it passed. I also used real term to verify this. When I attmept to aquire data on Tuner pro, my rxd and txd on each of my aldl board blick consistantly simaltaneously but it never connects any data to my display on tuner prort. Can anybody offer any insight onthis.
I am using an .adx for 5.7 chevy that I got staright from TunerPro website. Am I missing something?
Thanks Whats wrong here? is this a problem with the baud rate?

EagleMark
07-26-2014, 06:17 AM
Well I doubt it's the ADX file as this ECM is always putting out data... but try this ADX file anyway. $42-1227747-V5.2.adx Most of the GM files here have been fixed, the ones at TunerPro website have not been changed in years!

http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Injection/showthread.php?304-1227747-ECM-Information-42

Tyree
07-26-2014, 08:22 AM
Thanks eagle mark, I will try this tomorrow and see what happens

Tyree
07-26-2014, 08:29 PM
yes eagle mark, this was the problem.. I am now connected to my truck finally Now That I have these dignostics running I think it will help me figure out my previous map problem I hope. The first thing I noticed when watching the gauges in tuner proRT, was that my 02 sensor reading is consistently fluctuating between 300 and 500 while at idle. Is this normal response or is this an indication that my 02 sensor has a problem? I also noticed, that the connection gets lost and disconnected randomly.. What is that about if you know or anybody else?

Now that I have this diagnostic capability I am hoping to find out why my engine starts having problems when I hook up the map sensor. It makes the engine idle up and down and the eventually will die. The only way I can make it work with the map hooked up is by advancing the timing. I know this is wrong. As it is now, It is adjusted to 0 degress withouth the map sensor plugged in and runs pretty good. I know this is incorrect but this is the only way I can get this engine to consistently run well. I measured with a gauge the vacuum and it indicates that I have no vacuum leaks and the motor runs good(according to the vacuum gauge). Is there any particular test or reading that I can get from Tunerpro RT that can help me narrow down on this problem?
Thanks to everybody for there help

ony
07-26-2014, 09:18 PM
you should be able to read eeror codes now and find the problem:thumbsup:

EagleMark
07-26-2014, 09:44 PM
That is normal from the O2 sensor.

Record a data log and post it so we can see it!

Tyree
07-26-2014, 11:11 PM
Thanks eaglemark.. I will try and have that posted by tomorrow.

Tyree
07-28-2014, 04:41 AM
This is my engine running as I have it without the map plugged in, and then with it plugged in. The engine starts to idle up and down and run like crap. Let me know if you have any ideas about this or any further test ideas.
Thanks

Tyree
07-28-2014, 06:30 AM
I also may note that my mechanical vacuum gauge indicates that I have approx 22 inches of vacuum. This is a steady reading.

EagleMark
07-28-2014, 11:29 PM
I'll look at it but is the motor stock? Anything I should know?

EagleMark
07-29-2014, 12:36 AM
Well it's only got 11.8 volts which is not enough to run EFI!

Then you have both error codes set for MAP. Clear them and plug MAP in after you fix charging system.

Have you made any changes to the bin file?

Tyree
07-29-2014, 12:54 AM
Eaglemark, I just discovered this charging system problem also because my brand new battery died and I had no output from my alt. I believe I need new alternator, Im going to swap it out today. I have made no changes to my ecm. It is stock. Thanks for the input, I will post results after I fix my charging system. Thanks.

Tyree
07-29-2014, 02:49 AM
I got a new alternator and it seems to be charging. I ran 2 more log files. It initially was running good still without the map, then crappy with the map. Then it was running and died. (first time it has died on me ever when running without the map). Now it running for a few minutes and then dieing?

Tyree
07-29-2014, 03:31 AM
Eagle mark, this is a stock 5.7 engine from the recycler. I was told it was from a 94 truck but I noticed the tbi is earlier possible 88-90 because when I ordered a tps, it didn't fit for that year and had to go with the older tps. 1227747 ecm from unknown vehicle. This engine in now in my 72 c10 with a th350 tran. I am simply trying to get this thing to run like stock nothing fancy.

Tyree
07-29-2014, 03:56 AM
im taking a break off this truck before I drive it off a cliff.. I just ran another log while idling and it was running fine( still with no map) with no engine stalling this time..
Thanks to everybody on the forums. This truck has a phantom curse on it.

EagleMark
07-29-2014, 07:42 AM
Well it's a dead data log anyway so would not be so much help...

EagleMark
07-29-2014, 07:58 AM
Other log is to short to do anything with...

Have you made any changes to the bin file? I've asked this before? :confused::confused::confused:

Tyree
07-29-2014, 09:50 AM
I am using the factory ecm with no modifications. no bin changes.

Tyree
07-29-2014, 09:58 AM
the log is good. It did produce any activity until 4:00 minutes into because I was jump starting. log 3 is another that seemed to be running good. Also, if it helps I can make longer logs, is there a particular length that would be good enough for trouble shooting purpouses? Thanks fore helping me on this I appreciate it a lot.
-Tyree

Tyree
07-29-2014, 10:05 AM
I was also curious if it is possible that this 1227747 ecm is programmed with a.bin from gm for some other kind of vechicle that is not compatible with my 5.7? I don't know anything about that topic.
Again, I got it from the recycler so it could have come from many different vehicles and I don't know if they would all work for the 5.7 that I am using. Tomorrow, I was going to swap ecm from a known good vehicle that is running the same engine that I have previously worked on to see if it would lead to anything. I don't know, just trying everything now..? Thanks again.

Tyree
08-06-2014, 06:43 AM
I have been taking a closer look at how my engine is running, I discovered low copression and extremely oily spark plug in # 4 cylinder. We found that the oil was due to a valve stem seal. The compression leakage was due to the valve not seating properly.. So I hope that after this repair, my engine will be functional again. I may have been intermittently firing on 7 cylinders and Im also thinking that this was the source of where a vacuuum leak was coming from, thus disturbing my map sensor readings and casusing the surging engine.. After repair, I will run a new log to see if changes are evident.

EagleMark
08-06-2014, 01:29 PM
What happens when it's revved up?

The log only shows idle?

Tyree
08-07-2014, 01:49 AM
yes, these logs do not show any revving. I have driven this truck four times, the first two out of town eight miles there and also back.. It ran fine, no stalling, no problems accelerating. (again without the map). Then on the 3rd and 4th time out of town, would not accelerate properly in town and was stalling. Barely got it throught the intersections. but highway as running decent but discovered only got 6 miles to the gallon. lm pretty sure this motor is supposed to be getting a few more mpg than 6. Gonna get valve job. Also, compressed air blowing by the intake valve at an significantly high rate as compared to the other cylinders. Im betting that these problems were affecting my map sensor and that is what was stimulating the surging?. My best guess from the evidence. If anybody has any idea other than that Im all ears. After repair I will post a log with a drive around town and go from there. Thanks again, for everybodies help on this forum.