PDA

View Full Version : Long time gone and now I have to relearn...

fuzzcar
07-04-2014, 09:32 PM
I disappeared from this forum a few years back when my laptop hard drive bit the dust (newer laptop too :rolleye: ). I lost a lot of the stuff I had already done to get Tuner Pro up and reading my PCM which is in a 1994 Caprice LT1.

Well I finally broke my Moates XtremeALDL back out. Plugged it up and re-DLed TunerProRT V5 (luckily I saved my key to unlock it). rediscovered telling the program which ports to find the cable at. Re-downloaded the EE_auto.adx and EE.xdl files. Hooked everything up to the car and get all kinds of crazy out of the dash board and data list. The gauges are just randomly jumping all over the place like 2 times a second.

Anybody got a clue as to what I didn't do correctly? Any direction to point me in?

Thanks a lot, even if you cannot help because I spent a few hours researching multiple things on here before posting this.

EagleMark
07-04-2014, 09:53 PM
Take a look at the $EE info thread and there is a link to new .adx and .xdf files that steveo has been working on. Use the category view!

http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Injection/showthread.php?335-16188051-and-16181333-PCM-Information-EE-EEB&p=3131&viewfull=1#post3131

steveo
07-04-2014, 10:16 PM
betcha that caprice has some kind of module on the aldl line that isn't being silenced, and writing idle traffic over your datastream.

and last i checked that ADX was NOT configured for checksumming so it wouldn't know the damn difference.

might want to at least get the checksum working so it'll discard those packets

unfortunately i never really worked with tunerpro on my lt1 but i do know quite a bit about the datastream if you need more help

EagleMark
07-04-2014, 10:31 PM
The ADX I worked on did work for Caprice, Impala, Camaro/Firbird and I think someone added the silence for Corvette CCM dashboard.

fuzzcar
07-04-2014, 11:31 PM
Take a look at the $EE info thread and there is a link to new .adx and .xdf files that steveo has been working on. Use the category view!

http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Injection/showthread.php?335-16188051-and-16181333-PCM-Information-EE-EEB&p=3131&viewfull=1#post3131

What is the category view?

Whenever I try to save one of the attachments on this website it saves it as an HTML file???

fuzzcar
07-04-2014, 11:33 PM
betcha that caprice has some kind of module on the aldl line that isn't being silenced, and writing idle traffic over your datastream.

and last i checked that ADX was NOT configured for checksumming so it wouldn't know the damn difference.

might want to at least get the checksum working so it'll discard those packets

unfortunately i never really worked with tunerpro on my lt1 but i do know quite a bit about the datastream if you need more help

All I know is it used to work with what I had before my HD crashed. I don't recall anything about a checksum.

EagleMark
07-04-2014, 11:40 PM
The files are on his site still so click on it like a like, then down load them.

For category view look at top of Parameter tree and choose Category View. He put stuff together in folders, plus added things, it's awesome!

steveo
07-05-2014, 04:43 AM
browsers work on MIME types and stuff to figure what it should 'save' and what it should 'try to open as a text file'...

internet explorer is just warped. try a better browser if it keeps giving you grief. google chrome is pretty good for that stuff

EagleMark
07-05-2014, 05:35 AM
Mozilla FireFox has been my choice ever since Chrome had a mind of it's own. Good luck if you have a Gmail account and using Chrome... they seem to track EVERYTHING when you do!

fuzzcar
07-10-2014, 02:31 AM
I'm still having no luck with this. Data is all glitches, just jumping all over the place. I tried several different ADX files with no luck. I don't understand it cause I got it to work a little over a year ago. Also I am just trying to get it to read data at this point.

fuzzcar
07-10-2014, 02:40 AM
Do I need to use the 10K resistor setting on my cable?

steveo
07-10-2014, 06:07 AM
nah resistors are for old aldl systems. this one has nothing like that. it should just work.

just for kicks get a demo of datamaster EE and see if it logs ok

fuzzcar
07-13-2014, 12:44 AM
Datamaster logs fine.

steveo
07-13-2014, 11:27 PM
ok so it's the adx for sure.

are you using the one from the EE thread or not?

we can probably figure out why it's not working

steveo
07-13-2014, 11:29 PM
actually first did you configure your com port correctly, in prefs > data acq > plugin > configure plugin? if so are you 100% sure you used the right com port, etc?

fuzzcar
07-16-2014, 02:38 AM
Com port is correct. Its receiving data is just all glitchy. I will make a video showing you guys in the next couple of days, I've been very busy lately. Thanks for the help so far.