PDA

View Full Version : electric fan control

bonnieclyde100
07-01-2014, 10:58 PM
i am thinking about hooking up an electric fan and would like to control it with the computer. i have a 16168625 with a $od BJYL bin file and was wondering if it possible with this bin? i would need to know how to put the zip file in the bin and what wire i should use to control it. any help is appreciated. i looked for thread on how to do this and couldnt find one if there is one could you direct me in the direction?

Six_Shooter
07-01-2014, 11:50 PM
There is a link for this very thing in the FAQ.

bonnieclyde100
07-02-2014, 12:34 AM
There is a link for this very thing in the FAQ.

i was looking at the one you did at this link http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Injection/showthread.php?137-0D-0E-Efan-control can i make these changes on tunerpro and does this one use the EGR wire to control it ?

Six_Shooter
07-02-2014, 02:05 AM
I don't recall all of the details, I just know that it works.

The application I'm using it in does not use an EGR, so I don't recall if it was an EGR pin that was used. Using the available information and looking at a diagram for the ECM will verify.

JeepsAndGuns
07-02-2014, 02:05 AM
I am running the code linked above to control my cooling fan. It works great.
It uses pin E3, which was not used originally.
I used tunerpro to do mine. I simply opened the hex editor, found the lines and entered in the values.

bonnieclyde100
07-02-2014, 06:17 AM
thanks thats the info i was looking for. is it hard to find the lines?
I am running the code linked above to control my cooling fan. It works great.
It uses pin E3, which was not used originally.
I used tunerpro to do mine. I simply opened the hex editor, found the lines and entered in the values.

JeepsAndGuns
07-02-2014, 02:28 PM
Not really. If I remember correctly, I had to scroll down a long ways. When your scrolling fast, its easy to zip right by it.
I never could get a copy and paste method to work, I ended up typing it all in manually. Its actually not that bad, as there are only a few lines. I had my girlfriend read the lines off to me while I typed them in.

bonnieclyde100
07-02-2014, 05:09 PM
Not really. If I remember correctly, I had to scroll down a long ways. When your scrolling fast, its easy to zip right by it.
I never could get a copy and paste method to work, I ended up typing it all in manually. Its actually not that bad, as there are only a few lines. I had my girlfriend read the lines off to me while I typed them in.

its hard to believe that it only takes 8 lines of code to run fans like that i am definitely going to do that.

bonnieclyde100
07-02-2014, 05:18 PM
is the e3 wire a ground that you run to a relay and if the relay burns out will the computer throw a code to let you know?

Six_Shooter
07-02-2014, 07:10 PM
Yes, IIRC it is a ground signal.

No, the ECM has no idea if the relay is actually engaging or not. That would require feedback and another pin, along with more (un-necessary) code.

bonnieclyde100
07-02-2014, 07:42 PM
Yes, IIRC it is a ground signal.

No, the ECM has no idea if the relay is actually engaging or not. That would require feedback and another pin, along with more (un-necessary) code.

thanks