PDA

View Full Version : newbie tuning international harvester scout with tbi conversion

autoekim
06-30-2014, 12:15 PM
So i am totally new at this, the scout has a 1227747 ecm and is using at present a chip with ANLW bin on it.
I pulled the bin file out of the chip and have it saved.
I also have driven it to get a log file now what direction should i head first.
This scout the way it is setup is not controlling the spark is this going to be a problem?

Scorp1us
07-25-2014, 05:30 AM
What do you mean the scout is not controlling the spark? Are you still using a regular distributor?
Without the spark module, it'll just control fuel. And for that you need a O2 sensor to rough tune it. You need a wideband for finer tuning.

autoekim
07-25-2014, 10:31 AM
I was told it was not controlling the spark however upon farther investigation i have corrected a wiring error and also noted that it was setup to control the spark but still had mechanical advance so out it came and i welded the advance weights down. It is a distributer with a pertronix electronic pickup/ignition module, aka electronic points.
Now before anyone says you can't use this style distributer for EFI setups they are dead wrong i have designed a interface module that quite nicely runs or shall i say triggers the 8 pin gm ignition module. For $50.00 I'll sell you one, just email me. It does have a oxygen sensor also. I just ordered a Moates APU-1. I was using a ftdi 232rl to data log with but it was too unstable for me. so i just gritted my teeth and shelled out the bucks for what i understand is one of the best setups for GM obd1. it will be here monday i can't wait. I will post more after i tinker with it for a bit.