PDA

View Full Version : Need help. 05 chevy 1500 o2 sensor

JeepsAndGuns
06-29-2014, 01:37 AM
I have a friend/co-worker who has a 05 chevy 1500 with a 5.3. Something got caught under it and has ripped loose the wires for the drivers side post cat o2 sensor. The wiring connector and a couple inches of the wire on the truck side are gone completely. Also the connector for the o2 itself is gone.
We will be replacing the o2, but here is the problem. Looking on rock auto, I see several listings for the sensor, and looking at the pictures, at least 3 different connectors. Since both sides of the original connector are gone, I do not know the correct sensor and pigtail to get.
Hoping someone on here either has one of these year range trucks, or knows about them engouh to help us out.
Thanks.

JeepsAndGuns
07-05-2014, 01:47 AM
No one? I figured for sure someone on here could help.

EagleMark
07-05-2014, 04:44 AM
My book only goes to 2003 so I can't look it up for you.

There's only 2 different connectors I know of and it does not matter which one you get... most of the Pre cat are flat and most of the post cat are square... as long as the O2 sensor has matching connector and you follow the color code wiring correctly, they all work the same!

JeepsAndGuns
07-05-2014, 03:42 PM
Is there any difference between the pre cat and post cat sensors? If there is no difference then why would they put different connectors on them?

brian617
07-06-2014, 02:42 AM
I can get you pictures Monday when I return to work, and even an OEM pigtail if you can wait on shipping. This is common on the 4wd trucks. Route the harness away from the front drive after the repair. Fixed several like this, wires get caught in driveshaft.

JeepsAndGuns
07-06-2014, 03:11 PM
I can get you pictures Monday when I return to work, and even an OEM pigtail if you can wait on shipping. This is common on the 4wd trucks. Route the harness away from the front drive after the repair. Fixed several like this, wires get caught in driveshaft.

Hey that would be great!
Funny thing is, its a 2wd truck. Me or him really have no clue what or where he caught it and ripped it out.