PDA

View Full Version : gm tbi injector pulse signal

walltowall
06-07-2014, 07:30 PM
I want to send reference signal to my computer from my msd 8360 distributor. I have read that you can send reference signal from the negative side of the coil to the computer so the computer will pulse the injectors. I'm trying to figure out what wire I need to connect or if this will work. Right now my truck will run if I prime the throttle body but the injectors wont spray fuel.

blue68deville
06-09-2014, 12:05 AM
You can probably use this dist to signal your ecu, but it won't allow the ecu control the timing, which is a big benefit of having TBI.

I'm using an MSD dist with my Caddy motor, but only because there isn't an easy, drop in Caddy dist compatible with the TBI ecu. Mine is not the ready to run type, and I have it hooked up thru an externally mounted GM spark module so the computer can run the timing. It was sort of a hassle, but works fine for a non-Chevy motor.

I would go get a stock GM TBI distributor, if you prefer MSD stuff they make a dist for the TBI motors, #8366. Then it's just a plug n play with the TBI harness, easy peasy.