PDA

View Full Version : TPI to TBI swap done.........and

jameslleary
11-22-2011, 10:27 PM
Looks like i will be putting the TPI back on, and just try to muck through the tuning, if i can ever fix the old laptop, so i can tune and DL.
Been driving it the last few days, and, i have to keep looking to make sure my parking brake is not on...its a real dog.
Cold starts are more extended for some reason, cold idle seems ok, warm still runs a little rough like the tpi did.
I think thee may be an issue with the bottom end of my engine, it never has idled very smooth from new(GMGoodwrench replacement) and I think the KS may be picking up something internally. Neither system had any trouble codes for anything that would cause a foul idle. Next step will be a compression check.

dave w
11-23-2011, 06:23 AM
I have been working on an Excel spread sheet to help with VE tuning the $42. Here is what I have so far. Requires using starter $42 Performance AMUR AT.bin and Super 42 .adx. EGR disabled. If these files don't wake up your 350, sell off everything you have and get an LS1! :rolleye:

dave w

jameslleary
11-23-2011, 10:05 AM
Thanks...Unfortunately, I am "sans PC" right now. the datamaster dyno showed me at 230hp, and around 400 ft lbs on the last log i was able to do. I dont have the adaptor in my 7727 for the chip either. Also, i need the EGR in Ca. I was actually interested in Eagle Mark's highway cruise setup, as long as it would not trash the cat. I have some things that I want/need to do with the TPI anyways before i re-install it...i have a broken runner bolt in the lower plenum that I need to extract, an i was thinking of getting the ARP bolt kit, and port the upper. I will just experiment more with the TBI while getting the TPI squared away, after all, tinkering is what its all about!
I also forgot to mention that the timing is still moving a little bit at idle, which lends credence to my thought of the KS picking up something internal. Either that, or its sitting between cells on the SA table, like you said could be a possibility wit the TPI when we spoke on the phone initially, Dave.

EagleMark
11-23-2011, 09:29 PM
Dave, if that is the origanal Super$42 ADX please remove it so not one else gets it. Unless you fixed it and know it's all working. When we were done with it and tested, I later found issues with it. I went back a version and worked on it, it's in the link below. I just don't want pepole to start with something I found issues with.

The HiWay lean cruise was not my idea, I just found it in the old ThirdGen archives. It was built by RBob back when this ECM was fairly new. The HiWay lean cruise is in all these chips and the ECM can use it but GM could not use it because of EPA rules at the time so it is turned off.

If you look in the 1227747 Info thread there is a $42 HiWay XDF that has the HiWay Lean Cruise section in it and the last known working version of the Super $42 ADX we were working on. It has everthing the super did but I ran out of time to completly test it and rename it back to the super we were working on.
http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Injection/showthread.php?304-1227747-ECM-Information!

At the time we were working on that I think Six Shooter said 16.1 to 1 AFR was safe but I think cylinder temps were more a factor on the lean side then Cat temps or that was what some newer chips were set to, hope he chimes in!