PDA

View Full Version : Need 5.3L AutoCalibration

EagleMark
05-16-2014, 10:04 PM
Hi guys, I'm needing a Starter file for a modified engine if someone will help me? I don't think I've ever asked for a starter file and build them all from scratch... so I'm a little embarrassed here.... Catching up to my health has heavily slowed down brain function. If you care to share with me and not publicly... you can e-mail mark at eagle-mar.com.

Vehicle is a 2000 Chevy 5.3L 1/2 ton 4x4 Auto.
Motor rebuilt
Heads port and polish
CAI is stock for now and will be staying that way.
3:73 Gears factory and staying that way.
Factory Y pipe built to custom 3 inch single out back
Cam: CompXR265HR
1200-6000 RPM Range
212 - 218 @ .050 Duration
.522 .529 Lift
114 Lobe Separation

I read out the stock PCM awhile back before he started the engine build if that is needed?

Skinny Pedal
05-17-2014, 06:34 PM
Mark, glad to hear you are on the mend!!

I'll be tuning a very very similar setup in about 2 weeks. I don't know if you need anything sooner?

EagleMark
05-19-2014, 03:17 AM
Thanks Skinny Pedal!

Hopefully something comes up before then if not I may have to tell my buddy to hold off awhile. Just slow going here on not only the recovery but the pain meds really put the brain in SLOW gear and keep it here. I've tried backing off the meds but that was not real brite as I've been cut in half from front to back twice now in a month and had no idea how much I really hurt, bout the only thing I'm capable of without the meds is laying still and breathing... now with meds I can get around pretty good! Just can't think! :laugh:

Skinny Pedal
05-19-2014, 06:25 AM
I feel ya. I am going in for a knee replacement tomorrow. I plan on getting some starter tunes built later in the week. As long as the brain power is there........

dave w
05-19-2014, 08:16 AM
Mark,
I've programmed several "Off-Road" only tunes. Most of what I've been working with has been purpose built Rock Crawlers using salvage yard stock engines. I've yet to work with a rebuilt / modified LS. The attached .cal is the same OS you posted, it's for a Rock Crawler with a stock engine, dual fans, no emission, TH400, rear HO2S removed, with Abuse Management DISABLED. Maybe some of the work in the attached .cal will help? It's the only thing I have for the OS you posted.

dave w

EagleMark
05-19-2014, 07:44 PM
Thanks Dave.

What I really need is the VE and MAF at least worked on to run with this cam so I can start to datalog an tune. My time is limited per day and then there's the point I can't be driving other peoples vehicles under these meds... :nono: so the time I do have is around a driver.

Just thought someone may have something, if not it's just more time...