PDA

View Full Version : TBI at 16psi

Dolsey056
05-03-2014, 06:49 AM
My 94 chevy 1500 5.0 basically stock except tbi spacer and headers into a Dynomax 3 inch single. Going to be a 350 with flat tops hotter cam, roller tip rockers, 194 heads, and an Edelbrock 3704 performer intake. I just installed an adjustable JET fuel pressure regulator and adjusted it twice now to get down to 16psi. Since I have to keep taking it apart to adjust it due to not having room is 16psi too high or alright since I will be dropping the 5.7 in a couple weeks. It was up to 18 and 20 psi and popped on me which is why I adjusted it down and so far didnt seem bad though didnt take it for a long drive yet. Might have to take it out once more to replace screens on injectors because i bent them somehow a little bit. not sure if i didnt have them lined up right or something but figure I may put old screens back on in case. So if I take it apart again should I lower it to 14psi or will 16 be alright? I have Tuner Pro RT now but its not hooking up to my truck yet so have to play with it more.

brian617
05-03-2014, 03:03 PM
Only way to tell is get that data flowing and look at your BLMs. Make sure when you put injectors in that you align the roll pin on bottom of injector with slot in injector housing, they are opposite each other, little grease on o-rings helps too. I'm thinking 14psi is more than enough for your current set up with out a VE table change.