PDA

View Full Version : JET DST question .cal files

freshcutmullet
04-28-2014, 09:36 PM
I have JETs DST and I know just enough to be dangerous. I discovered a .cal tunercat file in the stickys with an interesting looking tune. Can I just load the .cal I found onto the car to try it? Is there anything I need to worry about? OS version of PCM? VIN number? etc? What should I look for?? So I dont screw something up? I guess the question is... How do I know if the tune I found in the stickys is even compatible with my PCM?

Thanks for the help!!

This is all for a 97 Trans Am LT1 M6 WS6.

Montecarlodrag
04-29-2014, 01:51 AM
All 97 Camaro/Transam files are the same, you can flash it to your car without issue, I have done it several times.
However, I advise not to flash an unknown file to your PCM. Instead, check the tables and parameters to see what is good for you and what isn't

freshcutmullet
04-29-2014, 01:29 PM
All 97 Camaro/Transam files are the same, you can flash it to your car without issue, I have done it several times.
However, I advise not to flash an unknown file to your PCM. Instead, check the tables and parameters to see what is good for you and what isn't

Thanks! That answered that question. I'll just compare the two and mod the file from my car.

Montecarlodrag
04-30-2014, 06:59 PM
Thanks! That answered that question. I'll just compare the two and mod the file from my car.

Good choice, that is the proper way to modify the tune of your vehicle.
While you're at it, change 1 thing at a time and test. You will find what that table does and learn a lot from it