PDA

View Full Version : New here, saying hi, asking help.

Jubnub
04-20-2014, 06:35 AM
Hey all my name is Josh, i am trying to put tbi on my 350/700r4 from an 89 chevy pickup. This is in my 90 jeep cherokee. I have modified the wiring harness according to the $42 wiring diagrams, and the engine starts and runs, but the idle is hunting up and down, my intake manifold has no egr, so i'm wondering if it is feasible to disable it? Or would i be better off to get a tbi manifold with egr? Does the $42 wiring diagram require a flashed chip or will it work with stock chip? Also i've been searching but haven't found much about the ALDL stuff. right now all i have are the three wires for SEL, diagnostic terminal and the serial data terminal just hanging there lol. Really exciting to have it at least running but needing help. Great site and thanks for any help :)

Jubnub
04-22-2014, 08:35 AM
well it runs and shows code 12, 33, and 42 after setting the timing and i unhooked the map vacuum line and reconnected it. I'll have to clear it and see what codes i get tomorrow. How important is the park/neutral switch? I have yet to put a shifter in the jeep but i will hook up the p/n switch and backup lights when i get one lol. Right now its just the stock shifter and linkage with no wiring left.

lionelhutz
04-22-2014, 02:35 PM
Code 12 is the default response you always get. 42 is due to disconnecting the ESC to set the timing. 33 is due to the MAP hose being disconnected. You could clear them and try again.

If you have no EGR then you'll have to do some tuning to turn it off.

As for the ALDL, you typically can get away with using the serial data and ground to use a simple cable and computer.

Jubnub
04-23-2014, 04:21 AM
does the park neutral switch ground when its in park or neutral or does it get 12 volts

lionelhutz
04-23-2014, 06:45 AM
It grounds.

Jubnub
04-24-2014, 02:07 AM
thanks. any info about the egr?

lionelhutz
04-24-2014, 04:54 PM
If it doesn't have EGR then you need to get or program a chip that has the EGR disabled.

Jubnub
04-27-2014, 07:37 AM
Any suggestions for how to run it until i can tune out the egr function, or have someone do that? Like should i connect the solenoid and just cap the vac lines?