PDA

View Full Version : Dell tablet for tuning

roughneck427
03-20-2014, 12:30 AM
Well after much looking around at a tablet for diagnostic stuff and tuning I purchased a Dell Venue Pro 11Windows 8.1 with the intel processor and wireless card and bluetooth. It has one full size usb port that I used my tunercat cable with and I bought a Bluetooth mouse that makes it easy on any surface to move the cursor around. Attached is a picture of a benchtop flash on a 0411 also I have scan xl and dash command with a Bluetooth OBD link MX that has worked out well. I had a mifi unit that I carried around with my att service that im transferring to the tablet now I can browse download files or upload all in one deal.

brian617
03-20-2014, 01:28 AM
What does one of those tablets cost? Is Tunerpro RT5 compatible with it to data log OBD1?

EagleMark
03-20-2014, 02:53 AM
Where's the keyboard? :laugh:

I've still yet to try my touchscreen with tuning software on my Panisonic.

You know I would try one of them except for the Windows 8 part... have they ever fixed it with a desktop yet? When 8 came out I played with one at the store for about an hour and hatted it!

RobertISaar
03-20-2014, 03:17 AM
the 8.1 update is supposed to have helped that..... but i still can't stand it.

Fred931
03-20-2014, 11:36 PM
What are the odds? I'm planning on buying the 8" version very soon for a carputer build. Is it nippy like the reviews say?

roughneck427
03-21-2014, 12:40 AM
It actually has the option for a bluetooth keyboard the keys are actually pretty large i paid $800 for it. Im getting used to the 8.1 its not bad actually

I have a Dell 8" also and it does not have a full size usb so i never even tried it.

Larry R
03-24-2014, 02:37 AM
FWIW I use a Dell Latitude 10 tablet on my Holley HP EFI and it works great. I got a portable tablet mount that fits into a cup holder and it holds it pretty securely so it is readable.

EagleMark
03-24-2014, 03:10 AM
That's cool, post some pics of the setup!

But please don't tune and drive! It's way worse then texting! I have my laptop setup on a RaM Mount and only use it as another dashboard, have several big dashboards made up for differant software so I can glance at values I am tuning. Always pull over to do more then that like your tuning.

Larry R
03-24-2014, 07:49 AM
No worries, I don't tune while driving. your setup looks good, mine is similar. We are presently out of town so a photo will have to wait until I get home next week.