PDA

View Full Version : o2 sensor signal

bonnieclyde100
03-08-2014, 10:49 PM
during warmup and in higher rpm range when in open loop what would be a good number to aim to tune for 700,750,800,850 i know 900 is to rich

chevmasta
03-08-2014, 10:53 PM
Is it a heated 02?

Have you looked at buying a wideband?

bonnieclyde100
03-08-2014, 11:36 PM
it is a heated o2 sensor and i did purchase a wideband sensor but i need to weld on a bung and figure out how to work with it. it is a PLX sensor.
Is it a heated 02?

Have you looked at buying a wideband?

steveo
03-09-2014, 05:25 AM
a heated narrowband isnt accurate for measurement outside of say 400-600mv. outside of that range, it jumps from 'alright' to 'holy shit' too quickly to be useful.

that's what widebands are for. open loop is best tuned with a wideband.

unless you want a 14.7:1 afr target, then you can do a long run narrowband average in cells on your logs and try to get it around 500mv average. or better yet, your ecm already does that for you, just use the long term trim system to tune it in closed loop and scale your maf or ve table. that same tune will apply fairly well to open loop.

so what do you need to figure out about that wideband to get it working?

bonnieclyde100
03-09-2014, 08:53 AM
well once you hook it up to the autoprom do you need to do anything in tunerpro to get readings or does it just stat on its own? and i am still figuring out how to hook this thing to the autoprom. are you able to hook it to ecm/pcm?
a heated narrowband isnt accurate for measurement outside of say 400-600mv. outside of that range, it jumps from 'alright' to 'holy shit' too quickly to be useful.

that's what widebands are for. open loop is best tuned with a wideband.

unless you want a 14.7:1 afr target, then you can do a long run narrowband average in cells on your logs and try to get it around 500mv average. or better yet, your ecm already does that for you, just use the long term trim system to tune it in closed loop and scale your maf or ve table. that same tune will apply fairly well to open loop.

so what do you need to figure out about that wideband to get it working?

EagleMark
03-09-2014, 09:35 AM
Unless someone built the Values for the AutoProm A/D channels in your adx file, then you have to set them up.

http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Injection/showthread.php?829-AutoProm-ADC-Interface-Channels-Set-up-in-TunerPro!