PDA

View Full Version : Remember me not working?

EagleMark
11-12-2011, 09:17 PM
Right now when I come back to forum I have to sign in again. Working on this issue but want to know if it's my username and computer cookie issue or a forum issue happening to everyone.

Kid-Neutron
11-12-2011, 10:14 PM
me too..................

Admin
11-12-2011, 10:35 PM
I hate when that happens...

JeepsAndGuns
11-13-2011, 02:39 AM
Yep, its happening to me too.

EagleMark
11-13-2011, 03:45 AM
Thanks Jeepsand Guns! I already have an email into vBtech support for this.

Six_Shooter
11-13-2011, 08:07 PM
I had to delete all of my cookies pertaining to this site, just get around the logging in issue. In my case it would tell me that I logged in, but then when it came back to the forums I was no longer logged in.

EagleMark
11-13-2011, 09:21 PM
I have an eMail into vB Tech Support on ho to fix the issue. Although I did not have to clear cookies to get in... I did clear them to see if it as the remember me issue. It as not...

Glad to see your in Chris! :thumbsup:

Now I am working on the old forum to see why only some get an error, an others get in?

Six_Shooter
11-13-2011, 10:11 PM
I just had to login again, and I don't think my new password has been updated in my cookies, because I got an error the first time (auto-fill), then typed it in and I was able to login in. I'll test in an hour or so to see if I get logged out...

As far as the other site goes I can get to the main page (no "/forums") but not into the forums even from that main page.

EagleMark
11-13-2011, 10:49 PM
Changed path "bb" from this forum cookies to "efi". Mine is working and working on another account after a log in.

Still can't figure out the other site, database is fine, something happened to forum files? Working on reinstalling forum...

JeepsAndGuns
11-14-2011, 03:01 AM
I was logged in this morning. Came back now and I had to log in again. Seems like it is not working for me.

EagleMark
11-14-2011, 04:34 AM
It was not changed till a few hours ago. I tried three times and has been working fine. Your's should too now! :thumbsup:

1project2many
11-14-2011, 03:01 PM
Had to log in twice to post last night, but no issue this am. Second login I selected "remember me" and worked ok. But problem may have been automic logoff due to my taking so long to reply.

Might want to put something at http://www.gearhead-efi.com/forums.

JeepsAndGuns
11-14-2011, 03:30 PM
Yep, its working now :thumbsup:

EagleMark
11-14-2011, 10:30 PM
Had to log in twice to post last night, but no issue this am. Second login I selected "remember me" and worked ok. But problem may have been automic logoff due to my taking so long to reply.

Might want to put something at http://www.gearhead-efi.com/forums. Until I can find the issue maybe I should add a htaccess rediret file... surgery went well, no pain so may get something done... till narcotics wear off...

gregs78cam
11-18-2011, 09:23 AM
I'll chime in here and say I like this site much better, if only for the remember me function. I can browse for more than two minutes before having to log back in.

Mark - glad to here surgery went well.

EagleMark
11-18-2011, 10:07 AM

Might want to put something at http://www.gearhead-efi.com/forums.

Shouldn't be logging off at all anymore. Mine stays on even if I close my browser and return, like it should.

There's nothing at that link. Forum URL is www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Injection (http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Injection) I could change the missing page to a redirect. That way if anyone typed in something wrong it would go to home page instead of missing page.

Redirects are in at old site.

EagleMark
11-18-2011, 10:17 AM
I'll chime in here and say I like this site much better, if only for the remember me function. I can browse for more than two minutes before having to log back in.

Mark - glad to here surgery went well.I don't know why you had that issue there? Glad it's over, here.