PDA

View Full Version : Adding XDF header catagories

34blazer
02-28-2014, 04:49 AM
Trying to organize xdf items, how to I add the folder for each category? I can create a new category but not a folder to assign the items too.

steveo
02-28-2014, 05:42 AM
you edit the xdf header and create categories there, then you have 3 layers of nesting for each item.

example:

you make a category, FUEL RELATED
then another category, INJECTOR CONFIG

then for the injector constant:
you set CATEGORY A to FUEL RELATED
CATEGORY B to INJECTOR CONFIG

that'll make injector constant be in fuel related->injector config->injector constant

make sense?

EagleMark
02-28-2014, 06:21 AM
Trying to organize xdf items, how to I add the folder for each category? I can create a new category but not a folder to assign the items too.The folder will not show until something is in it.

So open a parameter, Right Click and Edit Parameter XDF Info, Catagory A will be the folder then the B-C will be Sub Folders.

steveo
02-28-2014, 06:38 AM
oh also it wont update on its own. you gotta switch from category view to parameter type then back to category view again.

34blazer
02-28-2014, 07:22 AM
oh also it wont update on its own. you gotta switch from category view to parameter type then back to category view again.

DUH! That's all I needed to do! LOL

Thanks!

steveo
02-28-2014, 07:36 AM
no problem, it's like second nature now, i almost forgot that i've been doing it automatically after i change something.

Yradier
03-01-2014, 12:44 PM
Click on Appearance Menus and menu page click on screen options top right hand you will see all you can have on page one them is categories tick that and you will have a box with your categories.