PDA

View Full Version : Park/Nuetral pcm change for single pin input?

babywag
02-18-2014, 12:17 AM
So reading lt1swap.com...notation for '99-'02 wiring.

"PCM can be programmed to accept a SINGLE WIRE park/neutral signal on this PIN, if no trans mounted range sensor is present"

pin is Blue 34...

Can this be done w/ EFI Live? Found some references online, but some say it can't be done unless you have HP Tuners or Tuner CATS?

Working on another harness for someone, and they're going to be running a TH400.

EagleMark
02-18-2014, 02:09 AM
Looks like Yes in TunerCat OBDII. Constants, System Parameters, Gear Indicator 0,1,2 and 0 being none, 1 being PRNDL, 2 being P/N.

See nothing of the sort in EFI Live.

Lextech
02-18-2014, 03:02 AM
Babywag---What software do you have? Maybe I can help. I have EFILive and Tunercat.

Jeff

Buzz
02-18-2014, 03:27 AM
So reading lt1swap.com...notation for '99-'02 wiring.

"PCM can be programmed to accept a SINGLE WIRE park/neutral signal on this PIN, if no trans mounted range sensor is present"

pin is Blue 34...

The tune may be configured as both EagleMark and Lextech have stated - settings are PRNDL, P/N, or None. With a TH400 you are better off running a manual tune. If you are somehow married to an auto tune, then setting the tune to "None" may be the easiest route.

Can this be done w/ EFI Live? Found some references online, but some say it can't be done unless you have HP Tuners or Tuner CATS?

It can be done with EFILive if the user has written a custom CAX file. Post your EFILive tune file if you want - I can make the necessary changes.

Working on another harness for someone, and they're going to be running a TH400.

As stated above, your best bet with a TH400 is to run a tune from a manual transmission vehicle. A tune from an automatic vehicle can be used - just more work to reconfigure it.

babywag
02-19-2014, 02:28 AM
Mainly just curious why EFI Live didn't have it.
No pcm yet, but he'll likely go w/ whatever I tell him.
The harness is '99-'02 style DBC, and for a pcm probably just start w/ 12212156 os w/ manual segment then?

ericjon262
03-02-2014, 10:20 PM
Looks like Yes in TunerCat OBDII. Constants, System Parameters, Gear Indicator 0,1,2 and 0 being none, 1 being PRNDL, 2 being P/N.

See nothing of the sort in EFI Live.

interesting, so I should probably change that parameter on my V6 bin edited for a 5 speed instead of an auto, the clutch anticipate switch is wired into the same pin on 5 speed firebird applications I based my bin off of.