PDA

View Full Version : ABS system?

K1500ss4x4
02-05-2014, 12:43 AM
Hey guys

I know this is an EFI website but I thought one of you gearheads out there might have the answer to this question...

When I did the engine swap in my truck, I also put in all new nickle copper brake lines. Now the problem is they are spongey no matter how many times I bleed them. Is there a way I can bleed the ABS module using my autoprom to command an ABS bleed?

Thanks in advance!

Bobby

RobertISaar
02-05-2014, 04:51 AM
if you knew the command string necessary, yes.

i tried for a little while to generate strings that would have fit the normal protocol for an ABS-VI module, but could never get it correct... just made the module angry and had it flash the ABS light at me when i tried to force it to do things.

need a tech1 with the correct cartridge and to capture the commands sent to be able to replicate it using an ALDL cable/autoprom.

K1500ss4x4
02-05-2014, 05:00 AM
if you knew the command string necessary, yes.

i tried for a little while to generate strings that would have fit the normal protocol for an ABS-VI module, but could never get it correct... just made the module angry and had it flash the ABS light at me when i tried to force it to do things.

need a tech1 with the correct cartridge and to capture the commands sent to be able to replicate it using an ALDL cable/autoprom.

Thanks for your reply!

steveo
02-06-2014, 06:21 AM
disconnect the battery and pump the living hell out of the brakes, then bleed them. it'll eventually pop the check balls and bleed no problemo. done a ton of ABS vehicles this way.