PDA

View Full Version : TP V5 says hardware not found

Ardent_Z28
01-31-2014, 02:40 AM
I've been spending time doin' upgrades and stopping a tranny fluid drip, & haven't used my TP V5 for about 2 months or so. Finally got time to get back to it, but now it won't communicate with my Z28 when I click the "Aquire Data" icon to connect them on my laptop. My car will communicate with my Scan9495 app with no problem. I'm wonderin' if I need to start over and download TunerPro and the .xdf & .adx files again from scratch. This is the first time TP V5 has not found the hardware when I wanna use it. Seems kinda funny that this is goin' on just cuz I haven't used it in a while. Anyone ever have this problem to get around?

EagleMark
01-31-2014, 02:48 AM
Under Tools, Preferences, Data Acquisition look to see that "Load Last Data Aqc file at Start" is checked. If not then you need to load your ADX file every time to data log. Don't need XDF to data log.

Ardent_Z28
01-31-2014, 03:40 AM
Under Tools, Preferences, Data Acquisition look to see that "Load Last Data Aqc file at Start" is checked. If not then you need to load your ADX file every time to data log. Don't need XDF to data log.
Yes , it's checked. I noticed the "Interface Type" field is blank, with choices "Use plug in" and "AutoProm/MAFTPro" to highlight. Maybe I should choose "Use plug in". Ya think?

EagleMark
01-31-2014, 04:15 AM
Yup! Unless you have an AutoProm it would need to be Plug in for a regular cable. Then under that configure cable and make sure you get the right Com Port.

Six_Shooter
01-31-2014, 04:51 AM
The only time TP RT will "find hardware" is when you are using emulation equipment, such as an Auto Prom in emulation mode, or an Ostrich 2.0. That function will not detect datalogging hardware.

Ardent_Z28
01-31-2014, 05:12 AM
Yup! Unless you have an AutoProm it would need to be Plug in for a regular cable. Then under that configure cable and make sure you get the right Com Port.
That got me back up & runnin'!!! Remind me to dance @ the next GearHead party!!!

Ardent_Z28
01-31-2014, 05:50 AM
The only time TP RT will "find hardware" is when you are using emulation equipment, such as an Auto Prom in emulation mode, or an Ostrich 2.0. That function will not detect datalogging hardware.
No external hardware needed with my laptop, that's what baffled me. That is good to know...the only ostrich I know of is a bigass bird!! LOL.

EagleMark
01-31-2014, 05:51 AM
New Ostrich.

https://www.moates.net/ostrich-20-the-new-breed-p-169.html