PDA

View Full Version : how to eliminate knock sensor in TunerPro?

Tyree
01-22-2014, 11:01 AM
ok, so I am trying to get familiar with TunerPro and I have the most recent .xdf file and I am using a bin called 8cyl.bin that I got from the forums. I want to disable the egr, so i maxed to temp as to never allow it to come on. I now want to disable the knock sensor because we unfortunately do not have any room for a knock sensor because of the clearance from the heads. My question is: How do I disable the knock sensor using TunerPro? I did not see an option under the scalers parameter? Am I not looking closely enough or is there another way to do this? I also want to start making changes to .bin file that is factory as a starting point. Where would I find a .binfile that is not been modified already. I would us my own but my burner is not here yet and I am trying to get familier with TunerPro before my Burn2 gets herer. Any help on this would be great. Thanks.

Tyree
01-22-2014, 11:23 AM
Also, im am confused what the .adx file is for. I have downloaded the most recent one from code59.org. What am i supposed to do with this, if anything?

EagleMark
01-22-2014, 02:48 PM
What ECM number and Chip BCC code? Both the xdf and adx files are specific for the ECM/PCM, there are many! Code 59 is a re-written code for specific turbo vehicles.

.adx file is for data logging.

Did you read this yet?
http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Injection/showthread.php?466-TunerPro-starter-Tutorial!-New-users-this-is-a-must-read!-)

EagleMark
01-22-2014, 02:54 PM
I know we have been through this with trying to get the knock in there with an elbow but still would not fit. You'd still be better off with the knock sensor in any hole on either side of the block then none at all.

Tyree
01-23-2014, 03:07 AM
we are using a 1227747 ecm. This is for a 1994 chevy 350 out of a 1500 that we bought from the recycler and put in the crawler. I tried the BCC lookup from the website and it was not able to find my mine. letters AFBX3547 are printed on the sticker covering up the window on the chip. Our initial objective is to get this thing running. So I see the .adx is for data logging. We don't plan to do any datalogging right now. The knock sensor is still not an option at this time so how can I modify the .bin using TunerPro to remove it? I did read the link above but am still a little confused on certain things.

EagleMark
01-23-2014, 04:19 AM
1227747 is mask ID $42 and all the files would be here:
http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Injection/showthread.php?304-1227747-ECM-Information-42

$42-1227747-V5.2.adx
and
$42-1227747-V5.9.3.xdf

I'd start with a ADSU bin file

I know you want it running! But getting a cable to data log is the most important first step. This way you can see error codes and what data is doing, you can also save the data log and post it here so we can see and help. In the end the data is used to make adjustments to the bin!

To turn off Knock Sensor there are three ways, I do all there but I'm sure the first is sufficient.
"KNK - Min CTS to Enable" raise all the way to temp that can not be obtained.
"KNK - Min MPH to Enable" same idea.
"KNK - Min RPM to Enable" same idea.
Then go to error codes and uncheck "Malf Flags - 43 ESC"

For EGR the temp has not been tested since I added it.
So start with a stock ADSU chip and use the "EGR Disable" from the patches folder. Then uncheck "Malf Flags - 32 EGR"

Always save adjusted bin file with new name when done. Always keep a stock copy to fall back on.

Don't be changing anything your just guessing at. There's lots of things in here that need to be left alone. This is surgery when doing these adjustments.

Tyree
01-23-2014, 05:16 AM
This is awesome. Thanks eaglemark for this info. As soon as this bad johnny is up and running, I am sure we will go to the next step and do some data logging. I would be happy to reciprocate to the forums any knowledge that we obtain. Thanks to everybody again.

Tyree
01-24-2014, 11:07 AM
I am using ASDU-$42-5.7L-Auto.bin that I found. What is the significance of ASDU? Is this the BCC? if so is this important? I loaded this chip with modified .bin with egr and knock disabled and unchecked malf flags 32EGR. Gonna try to hook this ecm back up and see what happens. We also got a 140 gph 14psi fuel pump.

EagleMark
01-24-2014, 02:39 PM
Then go to error codes and uncheck "Malf Flags - 43 ESC"You forgot one?

I am using ASDU-$42-5.7L-Auto.bin that I found. What is the significance of ASDU? Is this the BCC? if so is this important? I loaded this chip with modified .bin with egr and knock disabled and unchecked malf flags 32EGR. Gonna try to hook this ecm back up and see what happens. We also got a 140 gph 14psi fuel pump.Yes, the ADSU is the BCC. Choosing the correct bin is important.

So you got the Burn 2? Did you also install the G2 adapter in the ECM?

Tyree
01-25-2014, 12:37 AM
yes, I also installed the G2 into the ECM board. also using $42-1227747-V5.9.3.xdf I got this chip programmed and tomorrow we gonna give it a go we still have to do some wireing to hook up the diagnostic connector into the harness.

Tyree
01-25-2014, 07:28 PM
So I thought I was programming the chip using flash and Burn. So I did a read of the chip and saved the file yo check. Just to verify I tried to compare this off the original bin and when I used the view hex tool, I found that all of my values in the addresses where all the same, indicating that it did not program the chip properly. Can anybody tell me about this. i have my .bin file ready to go and my burn2 with 27s512 chip ready to go.

Tyree
01-25-2014, 07:41 PM
im not getting anything to verify using flash and burn

Tyree
01-25-2014, 08:26 PM
nevermind, I figured it out.

EagleMark
01-25-2014, 08:50 PM
Offsets?

http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Injection/showthread.php?1477-Reading-Stock-GM-Chips-Burn-1-Burn-2-AutoProm-TunerPro-Flash-and-Burn

Tyree
01-26-2014, 01:01 PM
no , the offsets were defaulted correctly, I, like a dumbass had the chip inserted all the way on the top of the zif socket. Then I read the small print on the burn2 that says put it toward the botttom.
So I was able to program the chip and place it into the ecm. we just got to hook up the fuel pump now and see what happens.
thanks again.