PDA

View Full Version : Installing cruise in '07 Silverado

1project2many
12-13-2013, 05:36 PM
What's required to enable factory cruise in an '07 Silverado that wasn't originally equipped? Checkboxes in PCM programming? BCM Reprogramming? Anything else?

Buzz
12-13-2013, 07:49 PM
2007 Classic (PCM) or 2007 new body style (E38)?

1project2many
12-13-2013, 08:41 PM
New body.

Buzz
12-14-2013, 06:03 AM
The OEM cruise switch is a 3 resistor setup ... cruise control signals are sent to the BCM ... then CAN Bus comms to the ECM.

You will need an OEM switch (or equivalent) ... one side to switched power, the other side to the BCM.

As far as programming goes ... the ECM is ready to go ... some BCMs work without additional programming. Sometimes the cruise will function, but the indicator on the dash won't illuminate. Sometimes the BCM won't allow the cruise to function at all.

You won't know what level of functionality you will have until you try it.

Older systems tend to be more user friendly.

1project2many
12-15-2013, 05:42 AM
Thank you.

cjski
12-20-2013, 05:41 AM
I saw this on this site http://www.sparkys-answers.com/search/label/Cruise%20Control

Buzz
12-20-2013, 06:39 AM
I saw this on this site http://www.sparkys-answers.com/search/label/Cruise%20Control

It was very nice of you to try and help ... but that article features a 2005 truck ... older Gen III PCM - piece of cake to add cruise control with that controller. The truck the original question was based on, is a new body style 2007 model with an E38 ECM - which has a completely different means of operating cruise control.

1project2many
11-12-2015, 03:52 AM
I still do not have a solution for this so I'm posting in the hope that someone will have a suggestion. The cruise controls are installed and are seen by the BCM. The BCM, however, is not sending a signal to the ECM to enable cruise. I have tried both the dealer and an aftermarket shop that has an SPS subscription and both places say there is no cruise enabled programming available for this truck.

At this point I am not interested in an aftermarket add on cruise. That might solve the immediate problem but I am really looking for a source for BCM programming or programming software. In addition to this cruise issue I have several fleet vehicles that need alternator charging calibration adjusted to prevent false "bad alternator" IPC messages.