PDA

View Full Version : Old Man, New to Forum and EFI - Wauconda, IL

ezobens
12-05-2013, 10:52 PM
Greetings!
I've been bitten by the EFI bug after wasting years on carburetors and stumbled across this site in search of answers.
Looks like I've come to the right place!

I have a short laundry list of questions regarding the integration of a FIRST TPI manifold with the GM 12200411 PCM.
Any suggestions on which forum would be most appropriate for me to post these questions?

I look forward to absorbing and sharing all I can from the talent on this board.
Thanks!
Elm

EagleMark
12-05-2013, 11:27 PM
:welcome2:

OBDII system forum and ...

:welcome:

dave w
12-05-2013, 11:33 PM
:welcome:

The OBDII Tuning forum is geared toward to '0411 PCM.

What are your plans for the '0411 crank trigger?

I built my own harmonic balancer mounted 4x crank trigger.

dave w

ezobens
12-06-2013, 12:48 AM
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

Dave, looks like you've done a fair amount of engineering there- Nice work!
Since I'm not as savvy with fabrication, I'm attempting something a bit more rudimentary.
I'm wanting to use the GM Vortec 4x crank reluctor and retro-fitting the OEM CKP sensor to a cast aluminum timing cover so I can run a double timing chain with the reluctor.
I just need to have a piece fabricated to mount the CKP sensor and to mount it to the aluminum cover.
Perhaps someone has already attempted a similar approach?
I guess I need to move this to the appropriate forum-
Thank you!
Elm

dave w
12-06-2013, 02:16 AM
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

Dave, looks like you've done a fair amount of engineering there- Nice work!
Since I'm not as savvy with fabrication, I'm attempting something a bit more rudimentary.
I'm wanting to use the GM Vortec 4x crank reluctor and retro-fitting the OEM CKP sensor to a cast aluminum timing cover so I can run a double timing chain with the reluctor.
I just need to have a piece fabricated to mount the CKP sensor and to mount it to the aluminum cover.
Perhaps someone has already attempted a similar approach?
I guess I need to move this to the appropriate forum-
Thank you!
Elm

Elm,
I think the modified timing cover from EFI Connections will work for you.:thumbsup:

http://www.eficonnection.com/eficonnection/ItemDetails.aspx?ItemId=885

dave w

ezobens
12-06-2013, 02:32 AM
Dave,
I've looked at those but it still doesn't allow me to use a double roller timing chain.
TPiS has a billet aluminum cover that would do the trick but at close to $300, I think I can come up with a cheaper solution.
I was able to pick-up a used, cast aluminum cover from a jet boat that should be able to accommodate the double roller and reluctor without much effort.
I just need to machine an aluminum block to hold the CKP sensor (something like what you did).
I'll keep you posted.
Thanks!
Elm