PDA

View Full Version : Jason's catch-all TunerPro/tuning thread

sgtpoliteness
12-05-2013, 02:05 AM
So, I'm going to attempt to keep all my questions and whatnot to this one thread so if someone comes along later they can just cruise through...

I've got a 1977 Jeep Cherokee WT 360/TH400/TQ I've added junkyard TBI to. It's got 16197427 BJYL $OD. I've got a 4-wire HO2, JTR VSS and I've welded up the dizzy to it's completely electrically controlled. I've done the normal switch certain flags off and whatnot. When you guys have time can you cruise thru my bin and such to give me some tips? It gets into 'Closed Loop' pretty quick, but doesn't run really well until it's nice and warmed up. When cold (or, before operating temp) it's got a pretty wicked lean miss/bog if you give it a good amount of gas either off the line or while cruising. Once it's up to operating temp, that almost completely goes away.

Thanks so much in advance, I really, really appreciate it. This is been a labor of love and have really enjoyed everything I've learned the last several months from you guys.

dave w
12-05-2013, 09:04 AM
I think I would do a VE tune to help the cold engine running.

http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Injection/showthread.php?342-E6-OE-OD-31-42-VE-Fixer-Spread-Sheet

dave w

sgtpoliteness
12-14-2013, 09:38 AM
Thanks, Dave. Sorry about the slow response. Laptop needed a new hard drive so I was down for a bit!

sgtpoliteness
01-04-2014, 10:41 PM
Ok, I've done a ton of reading on AE and it still doesn't make a ton of sense. I've got what feels like a bog on tip-in for about 1 second and then it takes off pretty well. My NB O2 reads it going pretty lean though. I don't have access to a WB at this time. What I'm gathering is that MAP AE is working well, as is PE. However, it appears TPS AE is not. I've read about lowering or raising some of the correction factors. Does anyone have any insight? Will a lean condition always 'pop'? This is more like a bog-bog-bog and then it goes. Thoughts?

I've got it running really well while cruising during cold and hot operating temps. It's only initial tip in, say, trying to pass someone.

dave w
01-04-2014, 10:54 PM
I wonder what would happen to the "tip in" response if PE delay was set to ZERO seconds of delay?

dave w

sgtpoliteness
01-04-2014, 11:57 PM
So, it's been snowing all day here so I can't do any logging, but seat-of-the-pants it feels mostly better after switching the TPS% Delta to Activate Fast PE down to 10%. You'll get 3 or 4 pulls where it's fine and then a couple where it bogs again. I'm gonna need to really mess with everything to sort this out perfectly.

Edit: I couldn't locate the delay time which is why I changed the Delta to activate Fast PE.