10-16-2013, 03:03 AM
please convert this .bin to a .cal splease dont have my laptop

EagleMark
10-16-2013, 03:19 AM
I don't know how? How?

I usually just flash the bin into PCM and then read it out as .cal

roughneck427
10-16-2013, 03:25 AM
well it was read out as a .bin just have to open it up in TC the it will let you save it as a .cal i ended up getting it remote accessed my laptop with my iphone through teamviewer. Thanks for the quick response:thumbsup:

Montecarlodrag
10-16-2013, 03:30 AM
I don't know how? How?

I usually just flash the bin into PCM and then read it out as .cal

How do you do that? Winflash doesn't allow bins to be flashed, only cal

Playtoy_18
10-16-2013, 03:46 AM
Here ya go.

EagleMark
10-16-2013, 03:56 AM
How do you do that? Winflash doesn't allow bins to be flashed, only calSorry, your right. Bin has to be opened in TC and saved as a .cal before flash... I could have done that for him earlier.

Playtoy_18
10-16-2013, 04:00 AM
Mark,this stuff mixes me up every time I try and remember what's what as well.

EagleMark
10-16-2013, 04:05 AM
Yeah, I hate when that happens! :rolleye:

Usually keeping up around here keeps things in correct memory banks for next time... :laugh:

Caleditor
10-16-2013, 04:38 AM
You can convert a bin to a cal and a cal to a bin, a bin to a jcl and a jcl to a cal, a bin to a ddc and a ddc to a cal. you can convert a hpt to a bin and a bin to an hpt also. You can also convert a bin to a tun or what ever it is now.
But some of you think I talk crap and can't back it up. Maybe I have special powers

look at the time stamp. I had a hard time locating the programs.

Caleditor
10-16-2013, 04:39 AM
The JCL to a cal file size is 0, but I can open it in TC just fine. Not sure what is up with that

EagleMark
10-16-2013, 04:43 AM
You can convert a bin to a cal and a cal to a bin, a bin to a jcl and a jcl to a cal, a bin to a ddc and a ddc to a cal. you can convert a hpt to a bin and a bin to an hpt also. You can also convert a bin to a tun or what ever it is now.
But some of you think I talk crap and can't back it up. Maybe I have special powers

look at the time stamp. I had a hard time locating the programs.You going to show and share how? Or is this just another Gloat about how wonderful you are? Or a lead in to another something you want to sell?

Start helping and being part of the community or go some where else to gloat!

Playtoy_18
10-16-2013, 04:48 AM
I can't convert them all,you mean you can lol.
I can convert well enough for my purposes thanks to help from friends,but that's about it.

Fast355
10-16-2013, 05:08 AM
I can convert well enough for my purposes thanks to help from friends,but that's about it.

I just want to be able to convert a .bin to .hpt and vice versa.

Caleditor
10-16-2013, 02:46 PM
You going to show and share how? Or is this just another Gloat about how wonderful you are? Or a lead in to another something you want to sell?

Start helping and being part of the community or go some where else to gloat!

John has an app to convert a cal to a bin. You will need to contact him for that app --> BTW I know a lot of tuners with this app
John has an app to convert all of his other Private Label file types to a cal. You will need to get that app from John. I really don't think you will get a app for the jcl to cal because you can tune with DST Demo version for free. The program I downloaded from the internet is a hack app and not from John. The app was pulled from the forum right after it was posted.

HPT to a bin. I have never done this, but I know how. You open the file in HPT. You go in to the PC's memory and extract it from the PC. I was told that HPT made a change and it is no longer possible, but I told a hacker about this and he extracted the bin from the current version of HPT. That is what he told me and I have not done it yet.

When HPT has the file open the file will be decrypted and entire. I have been told that you need to locate the file, extract it, then chop off the ends

I have also been told by another forum member that you can turn the HPT cable into a cable that reads bins. This member said he set up a Virtual Com Port and was able to read out the PCM. I think he used LS1 Flash as the read program.

You can find all of this information on the internet less what was loss on Monodax HINT HINT

Caleditor
10-16-2013, 02:52 PM

That is the way I feel about it. I only use the one app. It took me forever to find the others. I don't feel right about using them since I was able to acquire a TC program. I have no problems paying $80 per VDF set when I need them. I don't even have DST on in my programs list.

1project2many
10-16-2013, 03:38 PM
bin <-> cal looks fairly easy to do. Even and odd bytes are flipped. Have to look at .jcl and others to see what changes are made. No need if John's willing to give out conversion app.

HPT uses available Microsoft routines for encryption when saving file. It's possible to make program read and save only necessary parts of files so you can't read complete file out of memory or out of file.

Now if one could fool these programs into writing to a virtual pcm...

Caleditor
10-16-2013, 03:57 PM
I have a free serial port monitor that works great. I found that while I was looking for the program to look at the PC's memory. I am getting old and can't remember what the program is called or what part of the memory of the PC to look in. I have been told that the HPT file needs to be saved. I was told that you can make changes to the file, but until you save it the file is not in order

04colyZQ8
08-02-2014, 11:06 PM
John has an app to convert a cal to a bin. You will need to contact him for that app --> BTW I know a lot of tuners with this app
John has an app to convert all of his other Private Label file types to a cal. You will need to get that app from John. I really don't think you will get a app for the jcl to cal because you can tune with DST Demo version for free. The program I downloaded from the internet is a hack app and not from John. The app was pulled from the forum right after it was posted.

HPT to a bin. I have never done this, but I know how. You open the file in HPT. You go in to the PC's memory and extract it from the PC. I was told that HPT made a change and it is no longer possible, but I told a hacker about this and he extracted the bin from the current version of HPT. That is what he told me and I have not done it yet.

When HPT has the file open the file will be decrypted and entire. I have been told that you need to locate the file, extract it, then chop off the ends

I have also been told by another forum member that you can turn the HPT cable into a cable that reads bins. This member said he set up a Virtual Com Port and was able to read out the PCM. I think he used LS1 Flash as the read program.

You can find all of this information on the internet less what was loss on Monodax HINT HINT

I'd like to convert HTP to bin, but that seems like a impossibility, on newer can files. But I can either buy EFI live, or pay a friend to licence and read/write my stuff. So an app to convert from cal to bin, would make my day!! Who is John? And how can I get this amazing app? It would make my day!! does it work on the newer Can pcm files?

Lextech
08-03-2014, 03:57 AM
Who is John? And how can I get this amazing app?
John is the Owner of Tunercat which was sold to JET. I doubt very much that John will give out the conversion program.

Jeff

04colyZQ8
08-05-2014, 09:39 AM
John is the Owner of Tunercat which was sold to JET. I doubt very much that John will give out the conversion program.

Jeff

Why is all this, stuff so tight knit? I'll pay, I just want some way to read E40/E67 out in a Unencrypted file, to play with. Will tuner Cat do that? If so, I'm looking at what 1000.00 for the guts kit, and program, and win flash, and cable?? I'll pay it if I can read them out in a bin format, and write it back.

Rocko350
07-11-2020, 06:43 PM
I know this is old. Open the obd2 winflash program. type cntrl-t. It will open another menu at the top that says test. It will then let you read an ecm and save it as a bin file. You can open these with Tunercat, jet and others. If you make changes they will reorder the bits to whatever the file system your software uses.