PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Pressure Gauge Location

mudbuggy
09-10-2011, 03:00 AM
I finally got around to getting an electric fuel guage, I wasn't crazy about having a fuel line in the cab, and I haven'
t gotten the back up tbi rebuild to my specs yet. I am wondering if there would be a difference if I would tap into the fuel line like the factory repair manual said to do at the filter, against installing a gauge at the back of the tbi?

I know that the electric may not be as accurate, and untested but I think that the fuel pump is the original pump and is about to go so I am trying to get a quick and easy way to see if the pump is still putting out. I do have a plan to install a standard mechanical guage at the rear of the tbi, but Murphy has let us say, thrown out a few speed bumps for my plan.

I am assuming that, since this is a stock 1989 GMC V1500 4x4 Suburban 5.7 liter with nothing more other then 33" tires on it, that there shouldn't be a real difference on the read from one location to the other, but like I said 'I'm assuming'. What say all?

Six_Shooter
09-10-2011, 07:54 AM
There really shouldn't be any difference in pressure at any point between the pump and the FPR.

EagleMark
09-10-2011, 10:05 AM
Yup!

All the test gauges go at the fuel filter because there is no fitting near TBI unit. There is an adapter to put in line at TBI for a gage available.

mudbuggy
09-11-2011, 03:44 AM
That would be pump pressure and not injector pressure correct?

EagleMark
09-11-2011, 05:02 AM
No, it will be the same all the way to injectors, then regulater and return pressure should be 0 PSI. This is why you need high pressure line from pump to TBI unit on conversions!!!