PDA

View Full Version : Tunerpro not reading chips correctly

Fastmax32168
09-16-2013, 03:55 PM
My Laptop crashed and I had to get a new one and install tunerpro onto it. Currently using $42 on a TBI setup. I am using a moates burn2 to read my chip that was my current tune so that I can work with it some more. However it does not seem to be working correctly. After reading the chip, verifying it against the buffer, then saving it to the laptop, for example when I open up the timing table it says every block is set to 89.5 degrees. Now I know that is not right. If I open up a previous file that I had saved on a flash drive though, everything looks normal. so where have I gone wrong here?
Thanks
Roy

RobertISaar
09-16-2013, 04:27 PM
sounds like the addressing ranges need correction.

EagleMark
09-16-2013, 05:39 PM
http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Injection/showthread.php?1477-Reading-Stock-GM-Chips-Burn-1-Burn-2-AutoProm-TunerPro-Flash-and-Burn

Fastmax32168
09-21-2013, 08:05 PM
Well, I changed the numbers to the recommended ones but it still is not working correctly. If I program a chip, then I read that chip, then I compare it to the file I used to program it with, it is not even close. The numbers are not all the same anymore, but they are all over crazy. Any more suggestions?
Thanks
Roy

EagleMark
09-22-2013, 03:34 AM
Is file size same before and after?

Post the bin! Most of the time it's just the offsets, Flash and burn in TunerPro at one point would change chip addressing and Offsets, so had to go back and forth till you get them all right. But that was fixed awhile ago. The link above with Moates Offset information to use 27Fs512 chips with stock bin files is the key. But the first section of that article is completely different to read a stock chip, so there is 2 procedures!