PDA

View Full Version : Lextech truck and Vortec to 0411 Swap now famous!

EagleMark
08-16-2013, 12:04 AM
For anyone living under a rock and does not know about Lextech 0411 swap in a Vortec... well he's now in a published book with pictures of his twin turbo 1998 Chevy truck! :thumbsup:

http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Injection/showthread.php?2175-Book-Review-How-to-Use

Lextech
08-16-2013, 03:35 AM
Thanks Mark.
I am definitely not famous. Maybe--A Legend in my own mind. Mike Noonan, the owner of EFIConnection called me about 14 months ago and said he was in the beginning stages of writing a fuel injection book. He said he thought that my truck would exactly fit the theme of the book and asked what I thought about it being in his book. I never expected anything like that. I, of course said yes. I supplied him with as much info on it as I could and he thinned out that info and wrote it up. I supplied the pics. The book is VERY well thought out and has a ton of good info in it. Mike and I have become friends over the past several years. I hope he sells a ton of them.

Jeff

EagleMark
08-16-2013, 04:21 AM
I'm still skimming through and yes it's a good book! I'd like it even if your truck was not in it! :laugh:

Fast355
08-16-2013, 05:45 AM
I'm still skimming through and yes it's a good book! I'd like it even if your truck was not in it! :laugh:

Melding of the 0411 minds in here, lol! Might have to add that into my collection.

With all this collective knowledge, any input on Tow/Haulass integration on a 97? Single switch and what PCM Pin? Any way to add a light?

Lextech
08-16-2013, 06:11 AM
Any input on Tow/Haulass integration on a 97? Single switch and what PCM Pin? Any way to add a light?

With the 0411 swap you can easily add T/H mode. There is no indicator light for T/H mode on the GMT400 truck. You give a single PCM pin a MOMENTARY Ground to engage T/H. If you press the button again or cycle the key, T/H is cancelled.

Jeff

Fast355
08-16-2013, 07:04 AM
With the 0411 swap you can easily add T/H mode. There is no indicator light for T/H mode on the GMT400 truck. You give a single PCM pin a MOMENTARY Ground to engage T/H. If you press the button again or cycle the key, T/H is cancelled.

Jeff

Well its not GMT400 its a GMT600 but I think it should work the same way. Did the indicator light work off serial data or is it a pcm output?

Lextech
08-16-2013, 02:12 PM
Did the indicator light work off serial data or is it a pcm output? The Body Control Module turned on the light in the cluster. I have never looked into how it is turned on.

ericjon262
08-18-2013, 12:24 AM
I bought the book the other day, lots of good info inside!

also, might be able to use the "shift light" output to control the t/h light.

Hog
08-19-2013, 09:14 PM
Who is Lextech, and what the heck is a 411 PCM? Does that PCM give you some sort of information display?

Lextech's truck is killer, exactly setup the way I would want it, the S60 top it off.

I always wondered about simply cycling the key, momentary ground switch out of a GMT360 (Trailblazer should work, or the T/H button out of an earlier Blazer.

peace
Hog