PDA

View Full Version : Dash & Data List Views issues

Ardent_Z28
07-25-2013, 05:56 AM
I'm wondering if the TP RT V5 is a 32 bit program? When I bring up the Data List Views or the dashboard they're only visible on the bottom 1.5 inches of my laptop screen. I have Windows 8 in my laptop that's a 64 bit system. I downloaded Tunercat.org winflash to read/program my PCM on my '94 Z28 LT1 A4 and that is designed for 32 bit, giving me problems installing and opening that program as well. I'm learning Windows 8 operating system PLUS these apps as I go along so I get stumped often, then hafta figure out if the app or Windows 8 is holding me up...LOL. Is there a simple remedy for this?

RobertISaar
07-25-2013, 06:32 AM
it's not due to being on a 64-bit OS... i've used win vista and 7 x64 for a long time with tunerpro.

the displays only being at a certain height seems like default setting. they can be dragged up to whatever height you want, or press(i think) F8 and have it go fullscreen.

Ardent_Z28
07-26-2013, 05:40 AM
I tried dragging them up before, that didn't work...but I can scroll up & down the page yet I can only see 4 or 5 items in the "condensed" Data List View field. The parameter tree opens/closes, I get readings when connected by ALDL cable to the PCM, this seems to be my only glitch so far.

ony
07-28-2013, 05:56 PM
does windows8 have a compatablity mode that you can change? I have a 64 bit windows 7 pc tunerpro works good, the only thing I have seen different from my 32 bit pc is the little eprom symbol missing on my bin files with 64 bit.

Six_Shooter
07-28-2013, 06:03 PM
I'm not sure I understand the issue. A screenshot will help to understand

I don't have Windoze 8, but I use 64 bit Windoze 7, and have no issue re-sizing the dash.

EagleMark
07-28-2013, 06:34 PM
You have to find the edge of the data/dash window and your pointer turns to an arrow, then stretch... not drag...

Ardent_Z28
07-29-2013, 12:37 AM
Ya hit the nail on the head EagleMark...I've been tryin' to do that with my touchpad. This morning I did it by attaching a mouse to my laptop, a Sony VIAO T Series Ultrabook. I called a Tech Support Co. I contracted with earlier this year (about no .exe file downloading with the Winflash app. I bought from Tunercat) and he pointed that out to me as you were typin' in your response. Six Shooter and ony, I spoke with the tech about that issue and was told that 64 bit is reverse compatible to 32 bit operating systems but not vice versa, which explains that there's not any compatability problem as RobertISaar pointed out. Now if I can get the Winflash .exe issue resolved, I can move on to refining my car's HP. I certainly appreciate all the responses, and I have a feeling I should learn how to include screenshots for future references.

EagleMark
07-29-2013, 01:10 AM
For Winflash... uninstall and manually remove any left over folder. Restart the PC. Right click on WinFlash application and run Compatibility mode Windows XP Service Pack 3, then install. When installed do the same thing to Winflash Icon...

Ardent_Z28
08-02-2013, 07:56 PM
Hey EagleMark, I did the compatibility change like you advised except CATS said to change it to SP2. I don't know of any difference. I have read the PCM memory in my car & have it in a .bin file. I imported it to TP RT V5 but when I try to open it I get a blank screen even though the .bin file name is @ the top of my screen. I thought about reading the PCM again & sending it to TP as a default directory path. Maybe that'll work out better. Any suggestions to help my open the treasure chest would be appreciated.

ony
08-03-2013, 03:49 AM
have you down loaded the xdf and adx files for your ecm type? if you have click on view, show parameter tree and parameter summary.

EagleMark
08-03-2013, 05:11 AM
ony got it right. You need to load the mask/XDF to read the bin.

Ardent_Z28
08-14-2013, 05:21 AM
Got it all up & runnin' !! I'm gonna toy with it & I'll start another thread when I get stumped again. Thanks ya'll.