PDA

View Full Version : EFI Wish List

EagleMark
07-15-2011, 10:41 AM
Begining of next month I go on my trek to a local junk yard and start stripping anything EFI related I want from a hundred cars getting ready to be crushed for scrap. I get harness, ECM and anything EFI related... CHEAP!!!

I will try to help out others wish list or stock of things needed. Prices are Low Low Low... 0% finacing program is 100% down and no monthly payments. No credit needed....

At the end of the day I want to break even on what I got for you guys plus gas and lunch! Last year I let go over 50 harness, most with ECM, some with complete EFI... not this year! :wtg:

gregs78cam
07-16-2011, 02:22 AM
Mark, let me know when, I would love to go with and help out. I keep a running wishlist. Hehehehe.

RobertISaar
07-16-2011, 04:09 AM
hmm.... should you happen to see any 96-97 LQ1 cars (3.4DOHC div 1,2,3 W-bodies: cutlass supreme, grand prix, monte carlo, lumina), let me know, the intake manifold/TB setup on the 96-97 LQ1 motors is SO much better than the 91-95 setup, but it's also considerably harder to find.

if you need pics, let me know, but they do have quite a distinct shape to them.

otherwise.... i could probably use a spare 91-93 LQ1(and 93-94 3.1MPFI, not 3100SFI) W-body PCM, P/N 16149396... the harness connectors and and some pigtail would be good too.

Six_Shooter
07-16-2011, 05:55 AM
If you come across some Crossfire parts, I'd be interested in some. ;)

When you're grabbing the PCMs out of the newer TBI trucks, don't forget the DRAC. ;)

EagleMark
07-17-2011, 04:44 AM
hmm.... should you happen to see any 96-97 LQ1 cars (3.4DOHC div 1,2,3 W-bodies: cutlass supreme, grand prix, monte carlo, lumina), let me know, the intake manifold/TB setup on the 96-97 LQ1 motors is SO much better than the 91-95 setup, but it's also considerably harder to find.

if you need pics, let me know, but they do have quite a distinct shape to them.

otherwise.... i could probably use a spare 91-93 LQ1(and 93-94 3.1MPFI, not 3100SFI) W-body PCM, P/N 16149396... the harness connectors and and some pigtail would be good too.Yeah if I am looking for a specific intake then a picture would help.

Mark, let me know when, I would love to go with and help out. I keep a running wishlist. Hehehehe.
Maybe the 3rd or 4th of August. Or the following week 8th 9th. I think your off those days too.

RobertISaar
07-17-2011, 06:19 AM
i'll need to find the exact parts list, but this shows the slightly noticable difference:

early
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a395/birdman1016/000_0043.jpg

late
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y88/chadz34/DSC06708.jpg

EagleMark
07-17-2011, 08:31 AM
So you want the TB and? Cold air side? TB to plenum? Plenum? I don't know much about those there sideways motors... :laugh:

How the hell do you get power to the rear wheels with a motor in there all sideways and stuff? :laugh:

Dam kids and there new fangled crap anyway... :tounge:

There was a complete 3.something supercharged motor there last time... :yikes:
Think it was 94 or newer as it had r134 and I was looking for r12 parts for the wifes 92 olds 88 so it was that body style.

EagleMark
07-17-2011, 08:39 AM
If you come across some Crossfire parts, I'd be interested in some. ;)

When you're grabbing the PCMs out of the newer TBI trucks, don't forget the DRAC. ;)
You have to use the drac?

Speaking of other stuff, what kind of GM cars would be good to find a VSS? Something that could be retrofitted on system conversion? I'll be grabbing a speedometer out of a chevy truck that has the VSS in the back of speedo. May be able to fit speedo into dash of project vehicle? Or just use the optics VSS part and retrofit to conversion vehicle? Or one that fits in a speedometer cable would be to easy. There's another thread here that says a jeep grand cherokee or something...

Six_Shooter
07-17-2011, 08:40 AM
The supercharged engine would be a 3.8L.

*coughcrossfirepartscough*

RobertISaar
07-17-2011, 06:54 PM
So you want the TB and? Cold air side? TB to plenum? Plenum? I don't know much about those there sideways motors... :laugh:

How the hell do you get power to the rear wheels with a motor in there all sideways and stuff? :laugh:

Dam kids and there new fangled crap anyway... :tounge:

There was a complete 3.something supercharged motor there last time... :yikes:
Think it was 94 or newer as it had r134 and I was looking for r12 parts for the wifes 92 olds 88 so it was that body style.

no thanks with the supercharged boat anchor, i'd rather not turn the GP into a rolling BBQ.

i need to get an exact parts list, but i'm thinking the TB, TB to plenum piece, plenum and MAYBE the lower intake. i'm going to ask around with people who have done it already to see what exactly is required.

otherwise, you can see how the early setup is? well, the TB is integrated into the plenum and doesn't allow for more interesting and larger setups.

but i can't complain, nearly 220HP from 3.4 liters from a naturally aspirated 90s motor is pretty decent IMO.

EagleMark
07-17-2011, 07:32 PM
no thanks with the supercharged boat anchor, i'd rather not turn the GP into a rolling BBQ.

I take it that was not a good motor? Supercharger looked like plastic?

The supercharged engine would be a 3.8L.

*coughcrossfirepartscough*
Yes I know, crossfire parts... they came on a corvette I know and this JY has never seen a Corvette. Any other choices? the single barrel TBI were on other cars but not sure about throttle bore or injector size.

Six_Shooter
07-17-2011, 07:55 PM
Crossfire was also on the '83 and/or '84 Firebird.

I'm pretty sure that the early single bbl TBI will also work, similar years, like '83 to '86 IIRC, Fiero, Cavalier, etc.

It would just be nice to actual Crossfire TBs since they would have the proper linkage and what not. I'm not worried about the injectors at all, just need a pair of TBs to either put throttle shaft bushings in or swap on temporarily while the ones we have get the throttle shaft bushings put in.

RobertISaar
07-17-2011, 08:22 PM

they have a tendancy to randomly ignite.

also, they're 90* V6 motors, which annoy me to no end.

Six_Shooter
07-17-2011, 08:27 PM

they have a tendancy to randomly ignite.

also, they're 90* V6 motors, which annoy me to no end.

It's the owners that annoy me to no end. For some reason 1 gallon of displacement = need to be a douche. :confused:

RobertISaar
07-17-2011, 09:33 PM
but.... TEH MAD L67 POWAH!?!?

they can keep their boatanchors for all i care. poor flowing iron heads were still acceptable in the 80s, but they ran with them until the end of production in 2009. how GM could ever sell such a poorly designed engine to so many people, i'll never understand.

gregs78cam
07-19-2011, 12:40 AM
Mark, yea I am off those days. Is this place local?

EagleMark
07-19-2011, 04:06 AM
Yup Garwood...

gregs78cam
07-19-2011, 08:24 AM
Cool. I haven't been there in years. If their prices aren't too high I will start going there instead of Pull N Save. It is a lot closer.

EagleMark
08-23-2011, 05:44 AM
Well my back is out again, there goes my summer agian, and I am not going to make this years pull. I don't know if he would let you in to do this.

But I have a freind up in Ione with 120 cars to crush and he would let you, I think? If you want to spend a day in Ione picking whatever EFI stuff you want I will make a deal with you and him. He always just gives me the stuff I pull free.

gregs78cam
08-24-2011, 04:45 AM
HHHMMMMM. That sounds very tempting. I will have to see how go over the next couple of weeks.