PDA

View Full Version : Help! Problems with TunerPro RT

th3fr4nchi5e
06-11-2013, 01:47 AM
Hey Guys,
I have read around on here today but couldn't find exactly what I was looking for to answer my question, or well, solve my problem. I am very new to this and I am trying to do some datalogging with TunerPro RT. I have the correct ALDL cable and am able to connect to the vehicle but Im getting some crazy readings. Each parameter jumps all over the place with the car on or running. If you click on the picture below, you should be able to see exactly what it is doing. The video is when the car is on but not running.

http://i1161.photobucket.com/albums/q511/th3fr4ncchi5e/th_IMG_1763_zpsc35dedc8.jpg (http://i1161.photobucket.com/albums/q511/th3fr4ncchi5e/IMG_1763_zpsc35dedc8.mp4)

Im not sure how to embed videos from photobucket.

Thanks,
Dave

EagleMark
06-11-2013, 01:54 AM
Attach your ADX file and we'll take a look. I think we just did this for another guy.

th3fr4nchi5e
06-11-2013, 02:08 AM
Here is the .adx file Im using

EagleMark
06-11-2013, 04:15 AM
Well since your getting some garbled data there is an extra byte trick that was not included in that ADX so I added the byte V1

Also took a shot at new connection V2. Give them both a try when engine is running.

Lots of cool stuff in there and if you spend some time on it could be a very cool adx.

This is a very complicated one and maybe Robert has worked on it or has some more insight.

th3fr4nchi5e
06-11-2013, 11:16 PM
Thanks EagleMark! It seems V2 is giving me better data. It still jumps all over but will occasionally flash the correct values. It seems the jumps are completely random and every 5 seconds or so it will show the correct reading for a split second on the ones I can confirm at least (RPM, Coolant Temp, Battery Voltage, etc.)

Eds
06-14-2013, 08:38 AM
It sounds as though you are having a connection issue similar to what I experienced when first trying to datalog. Follow the information on the Moates link and pay particular attention to "latency timer". This corrected my problem.

http://support.moates.net/usb-driver-troubleshooting-101/

EagleMark
06-14-2013, 08:47 PM
I'd try Eds suggestion. Although I've never had to with anything other the a Moates Roadrunner and EFI Live...

It's hard to guess at what some of these complicated ADX files needs even with the GM ALDL.ds docs. It took me at least a day to get the LT1 $EE ADX to work properly every time and I had the car here to play with.

There is one change in this new V2 version that may be the culprit?

th3fr4nchi5e
06-16-2013, 12:30 AM
Thanks for the responses guys. Ive been busy with the car the last couple days replacing the LIM gaskets and doing some other stuff under the hood. Ill check out your suggestions and let you know!

th3fr4nchi5e
06-17-2013, 10:27 PM
Finally got a chance to try what you guys suggested and do some playing around with TunerPro to try and fix my problem. It seems that with the definition files you corrected, I see the correct values for most parameters if I "Edit Definition" and make the monitor command "connection". Im not really sure what that means but when I did that, RPMs, Voltage, Trans Temp and most others were reading correct without glitch. One that wasnt was coolant Temp. It stays at the minimum -40* F but will occasionally flash the correct temp for just a split second. Any ideas??

Thanks Again for all the help so far guys!

EagleMark
06-17-2013, 11:40 PM
Could be the CTS is faulty or the adx is wrong? Post a data log and I'll see if I can fix the ADX. It's a sweet data stream and the ADX could be much better with some work. Just time I don't have right now but if you start to explore you can see how it works and fill in blanks.

th3fr4nchi5e
06-18-2013, 01:41 AM
4844Here is a screenshot of what its doing. The upper value it reaches is the correct coolant temp but it wont hold there.

EagleMark
06-18-2013, 03:05 AM
Looks like O2 sensor to me... the adx needs work.

EagleMark
06-18-2013, 04:13 AM
I did a bunch of work to the ADX. Item Lists, Dashboards you need to right click and fill in, Monitors and fixed a bunch of values.

If you Edit Definition you can get into everything and dial it in... or mess it up. Take a look and learn it. Man there's a lot more cool stuff in this one, wish I had this vehicle!

Also attached is the origanal ALDL.ds file

th3fr4nchi5e
06-18-2013, 05:08 AM
Wow, thats some great stuff! Fixed the crazy data in some of the remaining areas and really made it all easier to work with. Thank you soo much! I have much to learn!

EagleMark
06-18-2013, 05:20 AM
There's plenty in that one to compare to so you can learn to add things. Just sit down and do one at a time, look at ALDL.ds file and remember the numbers are all off by 1 so 20 is 21, that is all you have to enter, then fill in blanks... ask questions.