PDA

View Full Version : help me obd1 your my only hope prob with tunercat????

swat455
05-26-2013, 10:49 PM
hello I think i found zee prob i can retreive the vin info but when I go to get the bin info?. 1st time tried for about 6secs then my fans came on and it shut down the tuner cat retreive of the bin car would not start... so unplugged batt and restart works so tried again ..and it tried longer and even went as far as 25%complete and shut down pulled batt and restart and runs.. so before I really screw things up I thought well my norton 360 is on should i dissable it for the download ?????or could this just be THE WRATH OF KHAN?

EagleMark
05-27-2013, 12:49 AM
Norton sucks the life out of even a fast computer so that may be your issue. Along with instructions of turning off virus protection for read and flash...

Make sure battery in car and laptop are fully charged, no chargers!

Turn everything off in car except key on engine off.

Fans do come on and off during flash, that's normal along with some other clicks and... it takes a few minutes.

swat455
05-27-2013, 07:21 AM
so turned off norton and same thing wont download .....it will download vin info shows me that.. but when ask to read it works till 30% then says comm error incomplete mess sent... has any body had that prob????im using red devil usb to obd...any body????

EagleMark
05-27-2013, 08:57 AM
The Red Devil River cable has 10K resistence set across pins A and B all the time. It puts a 160 Baud data Pin E stream into ALDL mode and really messes up data on them. I have no idea what it would do on your 8192 Baud data on Pin M. There's no way to remove the 10K... maybe ask them if this is an issue on reading the LT1 PCM with TunerCat WinFlash.

Also send an email to John at TunerCat, mention the cable. He may know and also know where to look for the error message so he can see what is wrong?

I've got an old ALDL Cables.com USB cable and an AutoProm, neither has ever given me issues...

swat455
05-27-2013, 08:39 PM
mines the 2 wire style the resistor is seperate and lost

swat455
06-16-2013, 09:29 PM
well found out I had a loose connection at were the wire was crimped .. re soldered both terms.and re installed mr driver and walla:jfj:I put the bin info on gm efi systems forum .. feel free the put it in with the rest of the bins as you do not have the blpp one...my plans are now to pull this ecm out and use my new pcm that I just got and program it with the bin info Eaglemark gave me. .end of line:popcorn: