PDA

View Full Version : new guy from southern indiana

jamo78
07-03-2011, 05:09 AM
I thought I'd make my introduction and say hello. I've been interested in fuel injection for awhile now but have only done one conversion on a 94 s-10 that had the dreaded VCM that I could not get reprogrammed for my TBI 350 swap. I built my own harness with parts from a astro van and some from my stock truck using a 1227747 ecm and was grinning ear to ear when it fired up the first time.......I was hooked!

Right now my FI projects are a 92 s-10 that I'm swapping in a Vortec 4.3 from an 01 blazer into, doing the harness myself from the donor trucks factory harness. And project 2 is what most will call a Rat Rod...I say Traditional Custom..lol. My plan for it's engine is a TBI 350 but I want to ''hide'' as much of the TBI system as I can inside the cab. Stuff like the coil,esc,all relays and fuses, and maybe even the Map sensor although I've read it's best to keep it no less than 12 inch from the TB.

I've started gathering parts for the ''Rats'' engine even though I haven't started building the actual vehicle yet. I want to get the harness built so I can test run the engine.

I have lots of questions but I'll save them for the proper forums/topics when I find time to post them.

RobertISaar
07-03-2011, 06:17 PM
:welcome:

i know all about harness/computer conversions, i did the same thing with the 93-95 3100 setups and converted them back to the 91-93 3.4 PCM.... time consuming, but you learn quite a bit in the process.

EagleMark
07-03-2011, 06:52 PM
:welcome2: