PDA

View Full Version : 98 Corvette M6 JET DST TUNING FILE

johnny
05-07-2013, 09:04 AM
Hi I´m looking for a 98 corvette M6 stock or modified .cal file or Jet DST file

EagleMark
05-07-2013, 11:00 AM
I don't know if Jet will upload a bin file?

Lextech
05-07-2013, 02:27 PM
I don't know if Jet will upload a bin file?

JET will open a .bin... I have found with JET and Tunercat that you can't just open a .bin straight away. You have to open a .cal (TC) or a .jcl (JET) file then open the tune folder and select .bin and your .bin will be visible and you can open it from there.

Jeff

EagleMark
05-07-2013, 05:28 PM
With TunerCat you have to change drop down box at bottom from .cal to .bin or all to see them.

Lextech
05-07-2013, 06:32 PM
With TunerCat you have to change drop down box at bottom from .cal to .bin or all to see them.

Correct. But, I have JET and Tunercat on 3 different laptops and when you go to the drop down box and select .bin---it is empty unless you open a .cal or .jcl first then go to the drop down box, then the .bin files appear. I have had other people tell that their setups don't do that---But mine does.

Jeff

EagleMark
05-07-2013, 10:34 PM
Well we know what to do if we can't see a .bin now! :thumbsup:

ericjon262
05-10-2013, 09:03 AM
I have the Jet software and I didn't have any problems uploading a .bin to it, the only problem, is that you can't save back to a .bin, only a .jcl, which was a real bummer when I found that out as I don't have the Jet cable.

FYI, you can get the software for free on jet's website, you just can't do much of anything with it without the cable.

Lextech
05-10-2013, 02:25 PM
I have the Jet software and I didn't have any problems uploading a .bin to it, the only problem, is that you can't save back to a .bin, only a .jcl.

Uploading a .bin isn't the issue. You can't open a .bin straight away. You need to open a .cal (Tunercat) or a .jcl (JET) before you can open a .bin. You are right, you can't edit a .bin and then hit save and it still be a .bin. It will become a .cal or .jcl

Jeff

Playtoy_18
05-10-2013, 06:38 PM
However,you can convert a .cal to a bin.
AJ has done it for me before,iirc it simply adds the VIN as a header or something similar.
I haven't checked in compare but if you open in hex the first thing in the .cal you'll see is the VIN.
I've never had an issue opening,saving or programming .bins that I can think of.
Though other than downloading them to archive I always just work with them as .cal .
An easy way to change from .cal to .bin should be just upload .cal to a pcm on bench harness then download as .bin using the test function in TC ?

Hog
05-15-2013, 10:40 PM
I have the Jet software and I didn't have any problems uploading a .bin to it, the only problem, is that you can't save back to a .bin, only a .jcl, which was a real bummer when I found that out as I don't have the Jet cable.

FYI, you can get the software for free on jet's website, you just can't do much of anything with it without the cable.
I use it to open and compare files as I have limited TC2 VDF's.

The difference between a jcl. bin and cal files are just a few beginning characters of the file. EDIT and the end as well, obviously.

peace
Hog

Munchies
03-22-2014, 05:27 AM
I have a friend looking at converting .bin and .cal and .jcl..
Question.
.bin is always 512 either from winflash/jet etc in test mode or the blackboxflasher application from DImented.
open and then save a jcl or read in winflash jet they all become 336kb.

Hog any more details on the differneces?