PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Randy 79
04-30-2013, 05:22 AM
Hello to all. I'm working on a TBI conversion and found this site to have good information, so I joined up.

I'm working on a 79 GMC Dually that I tow a 28ft enclosed trailer with. It started life as a 454 truck but has a 350 now. Still has the SM465 in it, with 3.73 gears. It does a decent job pulling the trailer but the 350 works quite hard and slows down on hills.

So to rectify the problem, I picked up a 92 Suburban 4x4 Gen V 454 TBI from a friend, which is currently getting rebuilt, since it had 280K miles on it. I was going to run it carbed, but since I have to run an electric fuel pump, thought it might be good to use the TBI stuff it came with. Didn't hurt it came with an Edelbrock TBI intake, ported TBI with spacer and AFPR, air cleaner, wiring harness, all sensors, and computer (7060, BANF chip). Since the truck is a manual, it will be fun to get everything to work together (need a new chip obviously).

I have already unwrapped the harness and removed the unnecessary wiring. I do want to keep the 4L80E wiring intact in case I decide down the road to go with overdrive. I still have quite a bit to figure out but I am getting there. I got a 92 wiring manual which has helped quite a bit. Should be a fun project. I have previously swapped a 94 LT1 into a 67 El Camino with a Painless harness, so not totally green on EFI.

Randy

EagleMark
04-30-2013, 05:59 AM
:welcome2:

There's some wiring diagrams in the $85 info thread:
http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Injection/showthread.php?317-16147060-PCM-Information-85

:welcome:

Randy 79
04-30-2013, 06:16 AM
Thanks, those wiring diagrams do help. My GM wiring diagram book has everything but the pinouts aren't correct, wire colors are thankfully. Hopefully I don't have to change any pins around.