PDA

View Full Version : Starts then stalls ......

Nasty-Z
04-06-2013, 05:01 AM
Thought I had gone over this thing bit by bit (no pun intended) , but I am obviously missing something as this is my first time combining .bin's , anyways :

454 (496) / 700R4 in my S10 Blazer , runs fine when up to temperature , 750 +/- rpm idle , good transition into and out of gear , all around good running .

Problem is when it sits overnight (+/- 35 degrees ambient temp ) it will start and immediately stall , two or three times or if you crack the throttle very slightly and it will run and idle like normal .

I imported the Fuel and Spark tables from BMHK (Manual $OE) to Fast355's BJYL-700R4 .bin ($OD), I did this as I liked the idle charicteristics of the BMHK but I needed $OD to run 93V8S10's dual fan code, so it is possible I missed a startup parameter during the transfer that is causing this , but I don't seem to be able to find it . Thought it might be looking for a P/N input at pin E5 ('7427 PCM) but no luck there .

Anyone that might look at the attached .bin and lend some pointers ?

Thanks in advance

TOM

EagleMark
04-06-2013, 06:30 AM
I didn't look but you probably missed a startup choke/AFR/etc... 454 (496) needs way more fuel at startup cold...

JeepsAndGuns
04-06-2013, 02:39 PM
I used to run BMHK. For various reasons (I won't go into) I dropped that bin for a $0D bin (BJYM I think) One thing I noticed, was it was definately slower to crank than bmhk. It would fire right up, hot or cold with bmhk, but I would have to crank on it a good bit with bjym. So I copied all the crank/run/startup/etc.. parameters from bmhk into bjym. Bingo, I now had my good fast starts back.
I would reccomend doing like I did. I opened two instances of tuner pro, opened each bin and then used the parameter finder to find every paramer that had to do with cranking or starting. I think I used the parameter finder to search "crank" then "run" then "choke" then "start", etc... Basicly any parameter or word I could think of, or that I saw I thought would have to do with cranking. After using the parameter finder, I then manually scrolled through every single parameter making sure I didnt miss any. You may also want to do the same with all the AE, PE, and DE parameters.

Also, if your running a auto, why not use a 454 auto bin (such as BJKW) instead of the manual bin to copy parameters/tables from?

Nasty-Z
04-06-2013, 04:37 PM
Thanks for the replies ,

@ JeepsAndGuns ,

I run BJKW in my other two trucks (one of the reasons I got that memcal from you ) , but to tell the truth I was never impressed with the idle quality of that cal no matter what I did to it . I found BMHK a while back, and while it was a manual .bin , I thought with its good idle quality it would be a good start . Guess i'll sit down with BJKW and construct another hybrid using that and BJYL , i'll see how that works out .

@Mark ,

I looked through the startup AFR , crank BPW , and some other tables but could not find anything out of the ordinary .

Would posting a startup log help any ?

Thanks for the help

TOM

EagleMark
04-06-2013, 06:18 PM
Probably if you have Desired AFR installed instead of Battery Voltage... have data logging on a cold morning and start the engine.