PDA

View Full Version : How about a Weekend Report?

EagleMark
05-14-2011, 01:50 PM
I like the "Whatever Thread" but how about a weekend report? Kindof the same thing but gives everybody a chance to just say hi, or boring or better yet...

I'll start by unpacking my boxs of shiny bling bling things for inside my motor! :jfj:

Lucky
05-16-2011, 01:30 AM
So are we supposed to actually mention what we did on the weekend? I'm slowly painting my way around the Stang. And I got an RPM switch wired to my IMRC unit. No more toggle switch :happy:
thanx Six

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/964/wknd1.jpg

EagleMark
05-16-2011, 03:16 AM
Yup! That's the idea, to show everyone what you did over the weekend.

:confused1:

That is a sweet looking Mustang! :thumbsup:

What's an IMRC?

RobertISaar
05-16-2011, 04:25 AM
i really don't remember accomplishing much this weekend... was going to fix the alignment on the wife's GP, but too much rain....

Lucky
05-16-2011, 06:07 AM
IMRC = Intake Manifold Runner Control - my engine has 16 intake valves but only uses 8 of them at low RPM for more air velocity/swirl/torque - now I have an adjustable circuit that opens the IMRC device and let's me use all 16 intake valves above 3000 RPM

I'll spare you all the excuses I have come up with haha... I'm getting a few runs in the clear coat paint, but some wet sanding and buffing should fix that. I added the stripes :) I think I like them !

Six_Shooter
05-16-2011, 08:13 AM
The only things I got done this were to get some homework done, and watch some documentaries....

Didn't go anywhere near the car due to the rainy weather. :(

EagleMark
05-16-2011, 08:47 AM
The only things I got done this were to get some homework done, and watch some documentaries....

Didn't go anywhere near the car due to the rainy weather. :(
Dude! I think you won a bummer award... :innocent2:

You did more than that! I saw you are now a moderator at the prestigeous TGO! Congradulations, probably the youngest in history?

I drove my Scout in 78 degree sunshine!
[attachment=0:28mim40b]73-scout.jpg[/attachment:28mim40b]

Six_Shooter
05-16-2011, 04:17 PM
I highly doubt I'm the youngest, being in my 30's and all. lol

Oh, I got a hair cut too.

RobertISaar
05-16-2011, 05:33 PM
IMRC = Intake Manifold Runner Control - my engine has 16 intake valves but only uses 8 of them at low RPM for more air velocity/swirl/torque - now I have an adjustable circuit that opens the IMRC device and let's me use all 16 intake valves above 3000 RPM

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVTAK!

Lucky
05-16-2011, 05:49 PM
Nice Scout ! I admire any vehicle that makes my Rover look good. Well better anyway ... :laugh:

@Six - haircut, diploma, TGO - you're on fire! next you'll be running for Mayor :rockon:

Six_Shooter
05-16-2011, 07:35 PM
LOL, nope, I can't lie through my teeth like that. :D

EagleMark
05-16-2011, 07:46 PM
I highly doubt I'm the youngest, being in my 30's and all. lol

Oh, I got a hair cut too.
30's ey! For some reason I thought you were always talking high school work... thought you knew to much to be a kid!

EagleMark
05-16-2011, 08:10 PM
Nice Scout ! I admire any vehicle that makes my Rover look good. Well better anyway ... :laugh:

@Six - haircut, diploma, TGO - you're on fire! next you'll be running for Mayor :rockon:
Thanks! It only has 66K on it! I have had it for a year or so and it has caused me turmoil. I have never, never, ever, really never left a vehicle stock. So for a year or so it has been haunting me. I want to leave it bone stock because it is bone stock totally unmolested.

Then on the other hand it has a 258 Six Cylinder that came in Jeeps. IH used them for an economy model. This one also has a three speed and one speed transfer case. Cheap model!

BUT I have a 4.0L HO head, then found a 2005 Tuned Port factory intake. Man it is killing me to leave it stock!

With the 258 Six banger I could also bolt in a 5 or 6 speed from factory Jeeps.

So you see my dilema??? It's a horrible situation! But I think this weekend I decided to do it... I can't sell it as it was a gift from a freind believe it or not... So I think it's getting hot rodded. I may even take out the 4x4 and make it 2WD with a little lowering, skinny tires up front and big fat whatever will fill the wheel well without rubbing or cutting. I don't know? But it's going to get the engine hot rodded and the 5 or 6 speed. Probably 5 speed as the six speed only bolted to the motor in 2006. That was the last year of the Jeep six cylinder and the last vehicle to leave detroit with a flat tappet cam.

Six_Shooter
05-16-2011, 08:28 PM
I am talking about high school work. I am finishing my high schooling to get my diploma. :)

EagleMark
05-17-2011, 12:28 AM
I am talking about high school work. I am finishing my high schooling to get my diploma. :)Well now I know why I got that impression! Good for you! Lots of people just won't go back and finish but I admire your fortitude!

Six_Shooter
05-17-2011, 03:34 AM
Thanks. :)

Lucky
05-17-2011, 05:26 AM
My brother did up a 1st gen scout - right around a 1960 - with the slant 4 engine. Scouts look cool with some big rubber under them and they usually have some pretty reliable axles under them too. I'd drive one if I had one in decent shape.
and besides, everyone knows IH is #1 **** spreader ! :tounge:

EagleMark
05-17-2011, 05:58 AM
Your a little confused... they are Corn Binders! Massey Furgesen was the **** spreader, I mean compost, or, a, ummm, manure spreader. Yeah that's the one I was looking for... :innocent2:

Also the first Scout built was 1960 and like all other IH was known by a number, it was an 80. Then around 1968 there were some big changes and it was an 800. Then the first Scout II came out in 1971 and at first had no emblems with Scout and was only known as an 810 But that changed the same year to a Scout II and stayed that way until the last one was built in 1980 and had major improvements!!! Galvinized body panels and a 100K warrenty, Dana 300 transfer case, a turbo diesel model, square headlights, improved A/C system, 3 degrees camber in front end, they used to be 0 and wandered. But company problems and it died like the pick up trucks and travelalls all died 1975 I belive so it was just the Scout left till 1980. Except of course farm equiptment and semi, and trucks.

Lucky
05-18-2011, 05:07 AM
It was probably an 80 - but he called it the Girl Scout - that is it was for scouting girls lol

Lucky
05-22-2011, 10:17 PM
Installed my first convertible top this weekend. A real pain to access the location of the fasteners and some of the little ones up front were STUCK, still overall not too bad. It's bright white so I spent as much time washing my hands as working lol

I discovered along the way that the little piece of top that shows below the rear window is only included in the rear window assembly, so I didn't get that piece :sad:

I might have fit it a little tight - my butt nearly comes of the seat pulling it closed ...

EagleMark
05-23-2011, 02:49 AM
Man I have not worked on a convertable in years! I wouldn't wish that on anyone. Even the TV show... muscle cars or? Took almost an entire half hour to show one being installed by an expert. Even seeing him work I know that was 20 hours work at minimum... :mad1:

Chadly B
07-05-2011, 01:37 AM
I'll revive this one.....I went to replace the broken pushrod on the slant six in the Volare wagon, and almost lost it in the hole.....the lifter has jumped out of the bore, now I have to decide if I want to pull the head, start looking for a hemi, or (since I already own it) start dealing with getting the 383/727 combo ready.....in the mean time, in order to not disappoint my 12 year old daughter, I poured some gas down the carburetor and forgot the alternator belt was loose from moving the alternator to get the valve cover off, it pulled that belt around, snapped it and the other 2 belts......still didn't start....a little more gas and it started, immediately started rattling a piece of tin off the top of the carburetor, and sprung a fuel leak on the rubber hose going to the carb.....sheesh.....

EagleMark
07-05-2011, 05:39 AM
Well all I have doen this long weekend is finish a 345 IH engine rebuild with .20 over pistons and a Isky cam. Almost got all the little odds and ends sandblasted, primed and painted...

Oh and thanks to everyone here had a big learning curve tuning a 1227730 for the first time! TPI engine in a pickup. Owner was amazed at how well it ran compared to the mail order ship he had...

RobertISaar
07-05-2011, 06:13 AM
like those P4 ECMs yet Mark?

EagleMark
07-05-2011, 05:55 PM
Yes as a matter of fact I do. Lots of good stuff in there and after you look through them with a Super or Mod $8d I found the basic is all I needed. Well that and a learneing curve and a little help from my freinds! :wtg: