PDA

View Full Version : Memcal eBay and Software Scams

EagleMark
01-17-2013, 08:38 PM
Even some links the guy on eBay selling a heap of the V6 converted to V8 memcals and why the knock filter does not work! This guy just used everyone at thirgen to figure out how to make the netres end work then started selling the memcals on ebay because of shortage of V8 memcals for Thirdgen cars! Wonder how many run well or get knock damage?
http://delcohacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=739&hilit=2h

RobertISaar
01-17-2013, 08:53 PM
i seem to remember telling the seller just that and got a less than polite response.

EagleMark
01-17-2013, 09:58 PM
He's a real ass! Comes here as well to grab what he needs, doesn't offer any help back and badmouths us elsewhere...

Tunedperformance
01-17-2013, 10:04 PM
It makes me not want to share things if there going to be used for profit.

RobertISaar
01-17-2013, 10:06 PM
now you can see how i feel about giving away my work on both my nAst1 project in additon to my 7730TCM that's in-progress?

it's inevitable. i just try and make it quite obvious where the information/work came from.

EagleMark
01-17-2013, 10:17 PM
It's not supposed to work that way and we have to stop thinking that way!

I learn from everyone and I give away my knowledge and help everyone. Also give credit where credit is do! If I ever miss please correct me, I hate guilt!

What we need to do is attact people like this from all angles to expose them and let ebay know this is stolen tech and a faulty product!

He is still constantly contacted people over at Thirgen through PM to sell his product.

Really a shame that one dickhead can just come out of no where, not contribute a thing and then profit with a faulty product!

Utilityguy (also known as valleytek on eBay) has just earned an award for the first person to ever be banned from GearHead-EFI.com :happy:

Tunedperformance
01-17-2013, 10:39 PM
It is a real shame to steal off ideas and profit and not give back to a community of guys with the same interests. Will be sharing some of my work in the near future here.

EagleMark
01-17-2013, 11:41 PM
It is a real shame to steal off ideas and profit and not give back to a community of guys with the same interests. Will be sharing some of my work in the near future here.I hope so!

You know the more you share and work with people it comes back as karma. If you make a few bucks? Oh well! I've never tried and because of helping others people will contact you and offer to pay for your services.

I don't think anyone is against making a buck. But the real point here is what he made is wrong! and...

It is a real shame to steal off ideas and profit and not give back to a community of guys with the same interests. He was never part of the community! Just a leech!

He's never even made a post here. Last time I banned him for this same reason he was all full of BS about how he would become part of the help and not just a leech. SO I let him back and still never a post. All he wanted was our files!

EagleMark
01-17-2013, 11:53 PM
Well I need some expert opinion on this.
eBay Auction for V8 TPI Memcal (http://www.ebay.com/itm/90-92-CAMARO-FIREBIRD-TPI-ECM-MEMCAL-AUJP-PROM-/200873683741?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2ec5012b1d.)

This auction says:
KNOCK SENSOR = Disabled * The knock filter circuitry can be enabled if desired and used with a stock 3.9K ohm 350 knock Sensor.

But the memcal has a jumper?

So would the knock sensor work correctly? What about limp home chip?

Six_Shooter
01-17-2013, 11:55 PM
That's all I want is our files... wait, whut?

lol

RobertISaar
01-18-2013, 12:09 AM
i'm THINKING...... that's in reference to the ability to run a 7727/7730 with an external knock filter(like used on the 7165 applications). tie a pin to ground using the 3.9K resistor and plug in the pins for the external filter.

of course, that's not mentioned at all, so i really wouldn't know what he's going on about.

Tunedperformance
01-18-2013, 02:37 AM
I had asked him that on ebay a while back and he said the 3.9K was referring to what knock sensor to use. How is that going to work lol

EagleMark
01-18-2013, 02:52 AM
$23,496. in sales to 264 people being deceived that knock sensor will work?

Tunedperformance
01-18-2013, 03:02 AM
http://www.thirdgen.org/techboard/diy-prom/643208-question-jwscab-netres-resistor.html

1project2many
01-18-2013, 10:38 AM
Mark, it's refereshing to be on this board. I've been through something very similar. In 2000 or so an individual started a business selling Jeep EFI conversion kits and was using gmecm for tech and product support. The list moderator didn't choose any sides after it was brought up on list even though it was clearly a violation of trust and policy and a bunch of the really talented guys cut back on posting anything new or good.

I remember an Ebay auction once that was something like "$1 buys you the instructions for how to fix your radio lights" then the item description went on to say the seller thought anyone charging for the same instructions was just repackaging info he'd published at his website, with an included link, where it could be found for free. It was pretty funny. Today's sterilized and sanitized Ebay might disable your seller account if you tried something similar. Although you could buy a memcal then leave negative feedback that it blew up your engine. That would be within Ebay's policy.

My opinion on the pictured memcal is that he's simply setting the fueling mode select to the correct resistance for an 8 cylinder pfi car. Disabling knock sensor likely involves software changes to ignore KS changes. I believe that disabling the "wrong" knock filter is a more honest approach than claiming it will work just fine.

There is a need for proper working memcals for the V8 TPI applications. IIRC on delcohacking there were references to using knock filter circuitry from other sources. It was pretty neat stuff. Another solution is to use the external knock detector circuit from a C3 and make modifications to the memcal and ecm as posted in this forum. Finally, and I'm surprised no one is doing this, why not combine parts? The 5.7 TBI filter is likely to be closer to correct than a six cylinder version. Obtain an inexpensive, new 5.7 TBI memcal, modify for 8 cyl PFI mode, then resell. Stop trying to maximize profit using incorrect junkyard parts.

Six_Shooter
01-18-2013, 05:23 PM
The V6 MEMCALs are much more plentiful than the TBI MEMCALs, which is why the V6 MEMCALs are used.

The V6 MEMCALs were used from about 1987 to 1994 in many applications, whereas the TBI MEMCALs were used from about 1992 to 1995, and only in pick up trucks, and not all pick up trucks of those years.

EagleMark
01-18-2013, 06:31 PM
Mark, it's refereshing to be on this board. I've been through something very similar. In 2000 or so an individual started a business selling Jeep EFI conversion kits and was using gmecm for tech and product support. The list moderator didn't choose any sides after it was brought up on list even though it was clearly a violation of trust and policy and a bunch of the really talented guys cut back on posting anything new or good.
Clearly an issue I don't want happening again! You all know when I say "I' it is always meant as my own opinion because this board has always been about "We". We are what makes it and "I" don't want this scenario happening again. This has and always will be a team effort, we can't have part of the team holding back because of one jackass that used another forum! Their members were used for the info and then targetted as buyers with a deceitful ad on eBay.

There's one other commercial company who has used all the info for profit and has picked our brians on how to fix it because his knowledge couldn't, we all had a fun time figuring out a cool conversion a few times. In the end he never came back to be part of the community either. I notice his last post went unanswered... he then went to Thirdgen with same question that went a week without answer. Finally got his answer but he asked the question wrong so the answer will not help him. He developed a sweet conversion but should really have hired someone to tune it properly, now he has customers all over with systems not running correctly.

I did start another forum around 2000 and many guys got involved. One person took all the information we developed along with information from many sources and went elsewhere and now runs a conversion business. So I understand your frustration.

I'm not against guys making a buck! It's capitalism in America. But these scenarios all involve taking and not giving anything back, not even a mention of credit or even thank you or a link back!

One thing that puzzles me, is there has to be more to a knock filter than simply matching it to the engines bore size. If it was as simple at that, then should it not be the same knock filter on the tpi 350's and the tbi 350's, and even yet, since the 4.3 v6 has the same bore and stroke as a 350, then in theory should it not use the same one too? Be we know it does not.Knock sensor has to match knock filter whether it's in memcal or ESC... and the sensor has to be for engine. So your point of V6 knock sensor matching V8 because of bore and stroke is valid. We started to collect info on this but there were so many GM numbers I don't think we ever came to a conclusion. But that needs to go in another thread...

The V6 MEMCALs are much more plentiful than the TBI MEMCALs, which is why the V6 MEMCALs are used.

The V6 MEMCALs were used from about 1987 to 1994 in many applications, whereas the TBI MEMCALs were used from about 1992 to 1995, and only in pick up trucks, and not all pick up trucks of those years.And all the memcals there are another popular PCM. where the V6 is still plentiful.

This just proves the product sold is defective, the ad is deceitful and the only reason for it was profit. Worst part is people buying it don't even know!

1project2many
01-18-2013, 08:12 PM
TBI MEMCALs were used from about 1992 to 1995, and only in pick up trucks, and not all pick up trucks of those years.

TBI memcals were used to about '98 in medium duty trucks and some part numbers are still available new for $60 or less.

There's one other commercial company who has used all the info for profit and has picked our brians on how to fix it because his knowledge couldn't, we all had a fun time figuring out a cool conversion a few times.

I'm not bothered on this one. If it's the one I'm thinking of he's posted plenty of specs, pictures, and even calibrations that can be downloaded by others interested in DIY conversions. I see he's also put in plenty of time on his own trying to figure stuff out. Cases that bother me are "I don't want to do any work, I want you to do everything for me." I didn't get that impression from this one. Then again, maybe I'm just being a nice guy.

dave w
01-18-2013, 10:33 PM
TBI memcals were used to about '98 in medium duty trucks and some part numbers are still available new for $60 or less.

I'm not bothered on this one. If it's the one I'm thinking of he's posted plenty of specs, pictures, and even calibrations that can be downloaded by others interested in DIY conversions. I see he's also put in plenty of time on his own trying to figure stuff out. Cases that bother me are "I don't want to do any work, I want you to do everything for me." I didn't get that impression from this one. Then again, maybe I'm just being a nice guy.

I'll chime in on this topic. I'm agreeing with 1project2many, if the guy is offering DIY types information so they some can DIY themselves I'm good with that. It's no secret to most members here, I earn a few $$$ selling TBI / TPI parts and chip tuning services. When possible, I share information that helps the DIY members here. More times than not, I'll share with a customer were I got the technical information when doing something like the V6 / V8 memcal modification, or how to upgrade to a '427 PCM. If someone has taken the time to search a junkyard for parts to modify, then modifies the parts and puts the parts up for sale ... I call that business.

Back in 2009 when I was unemployed, I had a love / hate relationship with the local pick-n-pull type junkyards near me ... I hated the fact I was walking through the junkyards looking for something to make an honest $$ on. I loved the fact I kept my bills paid with the $$ I was able to make with the parts while I was looking for work.

dave w

brianko
01-18-2013, 10:35 PM
All of this is one reason why I don't even bother hacking a V8 MEMCAL, because some are getting difficult to find. I almost wish that people would just stop doing this (I've seen some pretty bad hacks) and just spend some bucks for a proper adapter from Moates and preserve the vanishing number of MEMCALs that are out there.

As for the ebay seller: It's no different from a certain GM tuner some years back who was selling some rather shoddy tunes for dirt-cheap prices, well under what every other GM tuner was selling them for. And people on the forums have this weird habit of defending to the death anything they've paid good money for, even if their good money bought a pile of crap. So now I'm seeing these same people wondering why their transmissions have gone belly-up (zeroing out all TM tables and jacking up the line pressure tends to do this over time) and complaining that they can no longer get support for the service they were defending to the death a few years back.

There's really nothing to be done other than to continue on the straight and narrow path and continue to be honest with others.

EagleMark
01-18-2013, 11:01 PM
Getting the correct Memcal is just good practice. Add a Moates adapter and a EEPROM and it's done right. It's the only way I do them...

Those flash tunes are still happening and smoking transmissions because TM was taken out of shift points.

What really get's me is old TBI chips being sold with fancy names and guys swear there butt dyno was major improvement, so they preach how wonderful the $200 spent was. When it is pointed out that there are not enough changes on the chip to amount to anything? And were decieved! They don't beleive and continue to promote sales of a worthless chip. This has been going on 15 years!

Six_Shooter
01-19-2013, 12:40 AM
In many cases I will modify a MEMCAL by rep,acing the EPROM with an EEPROM, when I do tunes for other people. Less expense, and it looks factory, if we ever get to the point where they start inspecting the actual ECM for modifications. I can also guarantee the EEPROM will have great contact with the pins, negating any potential for the original MEMCAL working it's way off the adapter. I have in a couple cases, where a MEMCAL adapter was used, drilled a hole in the adapter to use a tie-wrap to hold it in place. I don't see a problem with this, or that it is sacrilegious, because I'm modifying a potentially "rare" MEMCAL.

I'm using a MEMCAL adapter in my car and a friend's right now, because it makes it easier to connect the Ostrich, when I need to tune his car, and my Ostrich just stays in place. If I ever get to a time when I call my tune "done" will modify my MEMCAL (His already is) and install an EEPROM, even though it is likely one of the rarest MEMCALs around being an $8F MEMCAL.

RobertISaar
01-19-2013, 12:56 AM
i don't see any issue with the 27Cxxx PROMs being replaced.... from the datasheets i've read of them, most of the 80s units have to be nearing end-of-life.... replacing it with a PROM rated for a 100 year lifecycle is just good insurance.

8F MEMCALs... i'd have to look at w-body.com to be 100% certain, but there were 1000 TSTEs and i think around 5000 TGPs, so there is the entire production run minus some remanned units or surplus OEM. i think there were more ZR1 corvettes made than that. the odd Lotus application? IDK.

1project2many
01-19-2013, 01:29 AM
What really get's me is old TBI chips being sold with fancy names and guys swear there butt dyno was major improvement, so they preach how wonderful the $200 spent was. When it is pointed out that there are not enough changes on the chip to amount to anything? And were decieved! They don't beleive and continue to promote sales of a worthless chip. This has been going on 15 years!
Sale by deception is wrong and it happens all the time. Hey, I'm a mechanic so I live with customer distrust and fear every day. There are people that think "Hey, for the cheap price of that chip it's worth trying." Others just don't believe the cost for a real tune is justified. Then there are people that just don't know enough to learn the difference. It's digital snake oil and it's going to continue as long as people want an easy way out. I spend much more time educating people than I ever did tuning. That's the only way to make a difference.

Story time.

Two summers ago a guy came down with a pretty rough 1/2 ton 350 Chevy vortec. Lotsa mods for more air in and out but nothing inside the engine. "Make it magic... I just don't feel the power." I said I couldn't do it and neither could anyone else since he hadn't done enough to make any real power. Round and round we went, back and forth, until I finally convinced him he needed real changes to make a real difference. But he wasn't going to go without a change. "I go to mud bogs with this and I need more power." Folks, it was nearly stock. He asked about pulling torque management out and I replied that it was possible but did he have his replacement transmission ready? "I'm gonna swap to manual anyway so it doesn't matter." Caution again... the trans will blow. The odometer is at 200k and this is a 4L60E. You will lose the trans. I can't say when but I promise it will be sooner rather than later. "I've got a meet this weekend and I've got the other trans so it's ok." I did the change along with a couple other things related to his modifications but I told him "No charge because I don't want you to be upset that you paid for a blown transmission. Come back when you make the engine changes and we'll make a real calibration." Next day he called me on his way to the meet. "This thing's awesome! It shifts so hard! It's great!!!" I asked if he really thought so and he did. I asked if he felt the trans would last and he told me it was probably stronger than I thought. I said "Ok, you seem to know your truck. But I'd make sure I brought a tow strap." I ran into him about a year later. He'd blown the trans on the way back. His buddies tried to tell him I did the tune wrong and the fact that I knew it was going to blow up and never charged him just proved it. I asked what he thought and he said he was pissed for a while but then he realized I was probably right and deep down he know the trans wasn't going to last on the stock tune. But he didn't trust the computer stuff anyway so he pulled the efi and installed a carb. He just needed someone to do the tune. "No problem. I do those too. Here's what ya need" and I laid out a list of changes he should make to his carb.

Now here's the thing. In the end, it was the owner that asked for torque management removal. He agreed trans would blow. He was disappointed when his unfounded faith in his miracle trans and engine mods proved baseless. And he decided not to trust EFI because it didn't do what he felt it should have. I presented all the facts and warnings I could but in the face of it all, he just felt the world was going to work in his favor. There's no amount of talking that will fix that. If I'd wanted to work with him hand in hand, call up often and be involved with his truck, I could have kept him on the right path and kept his faith in electronic modifications alive. But that's not my gig anymore so there's an unhappy customer. But you know, he wasn't screwed and he'll tell you that. He had fun for a little bit until his trans blew. And, he recommended me to a couple of guys who were interested in making serious changes so that tells me he decided it wasn't my fault. I think it beats the heck out of screwing a pile of people for a little bit of cash.

Tunedperformance
02-03-2013, 01:52 PM
this must be one of his friends I need to learn this mask it self tunes and will give you maximum amount of horsepower when I start adding parts to my engine :yikes:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/PERFORMANCE-CHIP-Corvette-1985-1991-TPI-/111006338403?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item19d87e4d63

EagleMark
02-03-2013, 05:30 PM
Did you see the other auction? You can buy everyones software for $10?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vehicle-Engine-Diagnostic-and-Tuning-Software-OBD1-and-OBD2-1984-Present-/111007945432?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item19d896d2d8

ALDL
Carbytes
Cartest
DataMaster
DiaCom
ECM
Freescan
PCMcomm
WinALDL
OBD Scan
Easy OBD
OBD Gauge
PCMscan
Scan Master
Scantool
Real Scan
Tuner Pro
BMW Carsoft
Honda Logger
Chrome
VW VAG
Digimoto

JeepsAndGuns
02-03-2013, 05:38 PM
Umm, wow. So hes taking everyones programs, putting them on a disc and selling them? Even free ones like tunerpro and winaldl? I bet the people who made those programs would not like that.

EagleMark
02-03-2013, 05:56 PM
For $11.50 everyone could buy TunerPro, DataMaster, Honda Logger, Chrome, etc... I just bought one. Better be legit or he will have more bad feedback. Looks like 2 this month already, soon he will be out of business as his PayPal will be locked with complaints.

EagleMark
02-03-2013, 05:57 PM
Umm, wow. So hes taking everyones programs, putting them on a disc and selling them? Even free ones like tunerpro and winaldl? I bet the people who made those programs would not like that.They have been notified along with Moates being used as part of an illegal software scam.

EagleMark
02-03-2013, 06:26 PM
At least he does tuning in person?

http://waco.craigslist.org/pts/3560818542.html

There is no such technical support line for this hobby anywhere else in the world, this is the first one. I didn't have the luxury of having anyone to answer my questions when I was learning how to reprogram cars. So, I started this one to make that difficult task of "learning to program" a little easier.

:laugh:

Six_Shooter
02-03-2013, 07:21 PM
this must be one of his friends I need to learn this mask it self tunes and will give you maximum amount of horsepower when I start adding parts to my engine :yikes:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/PERFORMANCE-CHIP-Corvette-1985-1991-TPI-/111006338403?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item19d87e4d63

I don't see that as a self tuning chip, being advertised, but that when you change parts, it changes how the car reacts, and this person or people can tune the chip to account for those changes.

I wouldn't worry too much about that disc of tuning software, he's selling Tuner Pro V4, and he can't even spell Crome correctly. Also Crome only works for so long, when it IS registered, it has an expiring registration, that you need to renew every year or two, pretty lame and why I haven't got into tuning Hondas. There is a free version, but has limited capability.

RobertISaar
02-03-2013, 07:59 PM
i think every software that was listed is something that has at least a trial/free version out there...

still kind of a dickish move, but aldlcable.com includes a lot of the same on their disks when you purchase a cable.

EagleMark
02-03-2013, 09:52 PM
Speaking of dickish moves... one add bashs Moates for there burn equiptment and chips, then another add has their adapter and chips?

Tunedperformance
02-03-2013, 11:01 PM
I don't see that as a self tuning chip, being advertised, but that when you change parts, it changes how the car reacts, and this person or people can tune the chip to account for those changes.

I wouldn't worry too much about that disc of tuning software, he's selling Tuner Pro V4, and he can't even spell Crome correctly. Also Crome only works for so long, when it IS registered, it has an expiring registration, that you need to renew every year or two, pretty lame and why I haven't got into tuning Hondas. There is a free version, but has limited capability.

he pretty good to correct for engine changes, I have to see a log to do it. wonder what sort of magic software he uses for this.

Six_Shooter
02-04-2013, 03:03 AM
he pretty good to correct for engine changes, I have to see a log to do it. wonder what sort of magic software he uses for this.

Well, there's certain changes that can be made to account for mechanical changes with a safe tune, meaning it won't be to max potential like we strive for here.

Don't knock people without knowing all the details, there are people that can do this. There is also the idea that maybe, just maybe they have a huge repertoire of bin files, that have been known to work with certain combinations, and bins can be pulled from there.

Tunedperformance
02-04-2013, 03:14 AM
I would just be really interesting to order a tune from him for a given modified application and see what you get. I have been helping a guy jimsperformance in my opinion got ripped off. It was for a 383 stroker mild cam 30 #hr injectors. jim sent him a v6 memcal no cylinder select turned off the esc code and made pe come on real soon. He also did the wiring for the truck thats using a 427 for trans control only. I don't see why it wasnt set to just the 427. No response back to the guy how has spend thousands on his truck and it has been sitting for 6 month because he got messed over. The truck pings like crazy and runs crazy rich. That to me is a scammer

EagleMark
02-04-2013, 04:18 AM
Well, there's certain changes that can be made to account for mechanical changes with a safe tune, meaning it won't be to max potential like we strive for here.

Don't knock people without knowing all the details, there are people that can do this. There is also the idea that maybe, just maybe they have a huge repertoire of bin files, that have been known to work with certain combinations, and bins can be pulled from there.I have several bins for several motor builds for several ECM/PCM. But they are starter tunes, just makes it easier. Have done 2 identical motor builds that were off by 10%. Have yet to see a perfect tune for a motor without doing it with logs, even then it gets better in person.

I would just be really interesting to order a tune from him for a given modified application and see what you get. I have been helping a guy jimsperformance in my opinion got ripped off. It was for a 383 stroker mild cam 30 #hr injectors. jim sent him a v6 memcal no cylinder select turned off the esc code and made pe come on real soon. He also did the wiring for the truck thats using a 427 for trans control only. I don't see why it wasnt set to just the 427. No response back to the guy how has spend thousands on his truck and it has been sitting for 6 month because he got messed over. The truck pings like crazy and runs crazy rich. That to me is a scammerThere's so much of this going on to differant degrees it's hard to comprehend.

Six_Shooter
02-04-2013, 04:30 AM
I never said a mail order could be perfect, in fact I said the opposite, but what people can do, and have done for decades, is create safe tunes, that many customers are happy with, even though there is still improvement to be made.

brianko
02-04-2013, 06:50 AM
I ordered one of those cheapo ELM-based OBD-2 cables off Amazon, and got a little CD that had a crapload of software on it, including a key generator for ScanMaster. Oh, and a directory of porn. Had to wash my hands after seeing that. Did get the cable to work on a demo copy of ScanMaster downloaded from their site, but the cable won't work with anything else. Oh well...might just send some cash to the ScanMaster guys, their software looks pretty sharp.

1project2many
02-05-2013, 04:59 PM
I never said a mail order could be perfect, in fact I said the opposite, but what people can do, and have done for decades, is create safe tunes, that many customers are happy with, even though there is still improvement to be made.

That's called an OEM tune. ;)

Six_Shooter
02-05-2013, 05:23 PM
:facepalm: You guys are missing what I'm saying.

1project2many
02-06-2013, 03:03 PM
Actually, it seemed clear enough to me.

I'm not arguing against you. I'm pointing out to others here that what you're describing is done every day by the OEMs. They make a safe tune that trades maximum performance for consistency and reliability. Whether the calibration is provided by GM or by someone else, it can achieve the same effect. If the OEM cals can do it why assume no one else can? Although the wording in the linked auction didn't leave me with the impression the guy's a master tuner, he might be a genius with engines but a real flop writing Ebay auction text.

bentrod
02-07-2013, 01:13 PM
The best thing you can do to stop him from making money is undercut him on ebay with much lower buy it nows.

I have done this before. There was a guy taking an open source audio processing program, changed the branding, and selling it on ebay for $9.99 (successfully). As a contributer to the project at the time, I was annoyed. So I made a bunch of buy it nows for $0.49 then sent people the bins and used the $0.49 to pay ebay fees.

After a few weeks he stopped selling the program, but I assume he went on to scamming other people for other things instead.

I no longer have an ebay account because of the ridiculous way they force paypal on it's users. However if I did, I would surely make a bunch of listings. Then when the people win, tell them that I "lost" the physical memcal but will help them in any reasonable way possible get their car up and running for no cost, because all of the info is available on this site for free :D....along with exposing that other guy's scam.

EagleMark
02-07-2013, 05:00 PM
I remember when eBay was an auction site! Worked pretty well. Now it's just a waste of time to find an auction, fees are incredible, PayPal is like a hostle takeover of your money, may be able to still show a profit on big stuff but the fees eat up any profit of small stuff. I've tried a couiple times in last few years after I gave up there, still the same, to many fees, to much hassle, no auctions and if you place an auction it will sell for next to nothing because no one goes there looking for auctions anymore. It's just a store.

They sure messed up a good auction site!

1project2many
02-07-2013, 05:59 PM
"How to make millions on Ebay"

P1 Follow same formula as everyone else and hope for different results.

EagleMark
02-07-2013, 06:33 PM
I used to make a lot of money on eBay 10 years or so ago when it was an Auction site... never if I would show a profit, only how much profit!

bentrod
02-07-2013, 10:39 PM
Only a few years ago (say circa 2005-6) I remember going to swap meets where vendors would carry minimal stuff to their 8x8 space. They would give you a business card on how to find their ebay store. One could hear; "I swear I have lots of parts, just check out my ebay listings." Twas dark times, I thought I was expericing the end of the an era.

I think it's great that ebay screwed over it's customers, as it looks like the swap meets are recoving. As convinent as ebay was, I've always prefered "cash n carry" anyway.

I used to love sharing stories of some of the insane deals that I would get at swap meets, from stuff I would find in $0.50 bins to complete paxton supercharger TPI kit for $80...oh i could go on for too long...but I'm already way off topic.

EagleMark
02-07-2013, 11:33 PM
Yeah but it was a good topic! :thumbsup:

EagleMark
02-15-2013, 12:36 AM
Well I got my copy of the "Vehicle Engine Diagnostic and Tuning Software OBD1 and OBD2 1984-Present"
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vehicle-Engine-Diagnostic-and-Tuning-Software-OBD1-and-OBD2-1984-Present-/111011406566?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item19d8cba2e6

Most everything is copied from websites like Extratorq, Moates and some personal sites and he just took the headers out and all the links don't work, Papers from DIY-FI and Bruce Plecon, COPYRIGHT papaers from Rober Raucher, Copies for ThirdGen articles etc...

Software is all old, TunerPro V4, all TunerCat software no license, Crome with a license?, MX Scan, EFI Live V4, WinALDL, All Datamasters and a bunch of other free software that is very outdated.

Tuner Tools are all from the old Moates fileman.

Just a bunch of internet pages copied, software copied years ago, personal papers and not a thing worth while. Plenty I'm sure is illegal to resell, but really just a scam!

1project2many
02-15-2013, 03:12 AM
Make sure this is in the feedback rating. Ebay doesn't like anything less than 100% and a couple of bad reviews can cause a lot of trouble for a seller.

Edit: This must be pretty bad stuff because someone happy with an electric fan turbocharger left bad feedback!

Tunedperformance
02-15-2013, 04:32 AM
you can report a item on the item page even if you are not purchasing it for selling copyright meterial. I have the old diacom and diacom plus and the box and disc clearly state copyright.