PDA

View Full Version : old an new

ony
12-30-2012, 11:56 PM
kindof thinking about the last 10 years, started working for george 10 years ago first job oil and lube. he decided he was done and going to retire last friday so he shut the shop doors,strange thing is last job i done was an oil an lube. george will be 72 in april worked on cars most of his life he is very wise about fixing things. any way i was thinking what the oldest vehicle that i had worked on, it was a old model a or t it was so old it had a wood frame the thing didnt even have a water pump i guess the hot water rose to the top of the engine sucking cold water up from the bottom of the radiator. the newest vehicle was a 2011 chevy pickup, man wanted a tune up i told him it didnt need it he said it did , i tryed to tell him i tought he should go to the dealer and have his pcm reflashed he was getting 6-8 mpg i think it was a 6.0 it only had 47000 on it , run good no codes tuned it up didnt help he went to the dealer and traded it of for a toyota. last i heard it got 15.5 mpg and he was happy. been a short 10 years, worked on every thing from riding lawn mowers to bull dosers, no chain saws or weed eaters they dont have electric starters. wanted to wish every one a happy new year and if you party at this time of year [ party safe].:innocent::innocent: